PDA

View Full Version : Can anyone help me?

moocow
01-26-2003, 06:31 PM
I have a slight problem with my computer... you see, as of lately, no one can play any games on here without the game shutting down maybe 2 minutes after it loads. It's games like, The Sims, Sim Coaster, my sister's 101 Dalmation game... CD-Roms in other words. Anyone know why this is happening? It's very friggin frustrating.

zables
01-26-2003, 06:47 PM
umm well you could have something open in the background thats creating memory address errors....
whats happening exactly (specify details please)

moocow
01-26-2003, 06:53 PM
It just closes. Like, I'll be in the middle of building my house on Sims, and it closes. No alerts, no blue screen, nothing. Just closes.

obi
01-26-2003, 07:10 PM
I've had the sims problem before, on all the PC's I've played sims on, there has been at least one time, where the thing kills itself. Not sure why. Not sure about the other games either.
What kind of things have you got running in the Background moo?
And if it is your CD-drive, see if there are any new drivers for it.

moocow
01-26-2003, 07:21 PM
Normally when we're playing something, we have nothing else running. We didn't have this problem before our old CD Rom drive pretty much blew up and shattered our old Sims cd. Then my parents got a DVD drive and The Sims: Deluz Edition and now it closes all the time... along with our other games.