PDA

View Full Version : Forcing Link to get hit

Cavendish
01-26-2003, 04:25 PM
I imagine that this has been thought of before, but humor me, I'm new.

Anyways, the idea goes as follows: when Link enters a room through a shuttered door, Link automatically goes all the way in and the door slams shut behind him (even if it immediately opens again). If I put an enemy (or ten) right on the tile/pair of tiles Link enters in, is there any way that Link can avoid being hit? If Link steps on a warp tile and is taken to a room where a bunch of enemies start out right underneath him, is there any way to avoid being hit then?

Aside from purely sadistic uses, I thought something along these lines could be used with red bubbles to make a "swordless dungeon", provided the quest rules are set up appropriately, but I wanted to try and make sure there weren't any loopholes.

Blonde799
01-26-2003, 04:51 PM
Unless link is in the doorway, he gets hit as soon as monsters appear on his position. To make sure link gets hit though, make the tiles in that area pits(but put the no warp option on in the tile warps menu), and put enemies on those pit tiles.

idontknow
01-26-2003, 10:26 PM
i dont get it...what would putting enemies on pit combos when the tile warp is set to no warp, do for you?

Cloral
01-26-2003, 11:44 PM
They believe that they are in a large unwalkable area and will sit still. Thus, if you make a wall of them, Link has to get hit.

Cavendish
01-26-2003, 11:58 PM
But it would have to be a very fat wall if Link had the ability to hurt himself with bombs or candle, or else he could just hit himself off the flame/explosion and get launched through the enemies. This is the main reason I started this thread.. Zelda classic has an awful lot of new stuff added and I don't know the minute details of it all, so I wanted to make sure there weren't any other tricks that would allow players to weasel out of being hit.

Saro
01-27-2003, 01:26 AM
Idea:

W = Wall
B = Block
D = Door
E = Entrance
M = Enemy
- = floor

WWWWDWWWW
W----M----B------W
W--BBBBBB------W
W--B--------------W
W--B--------------W
W--BBBBBB------W
W----------B------W
WWWWEWWWW

(I know it's not perfect, sue me)

Here, you see a room where half of the room is blocked off by squares. The space between the squares and the wall is only one space wide. Set the enemy list so the only enemy is a Red Bubble, and use the 'enemy 1' flag inside the region where you walk through. I use this kind of design in rooms with Wall Masters. :-D

I sure hope I worded this correctly...

*edited because multiple spaces are ignored*