PDA

View Full Version : Warcraft 3/ battle.net question

Michael Moore
01-26-2003, 09:37 AM
Ok, I thought if I should ask anywhere, it should be here. I don't own the official game, nor do I have it burned. It runs fine the way I have it, but won't let me connect to battle.net cause it can't tell what game version I have. So if I download a patch it asks me to insert the CD after the patch is installed, and I can no longer play it without a CD. So I was wondering if anyone here knew how to get a patch to work so I could play on battle.net without having any CD.

Masamune
01-26-2003, 03:05 PM
so you have it cracked? the cracked version is differnet from the others. that's probably why it bnet won't recognize it. you'll need the legit version to play :( sowwy buddy.

MottZilla
01-26-2003, 04:46 PM
As stated, Warcraft III's Battle.Net multiplayer is protected. If you patch your EXE which was cracked will be updated to a legitimate uncracked EXE. The only solution would be to get the latest version's cracked EXE. But then, you have to have a valid CDKEY as well. Don't think any random CD key will do. There are millions of possible keys, and only like 2% work.

Michael Moore
01-26-2003, 06:21 PM
Dammit, I will just burn the thing onto a CD or if worst comes to worst...buy it.

Masamune
01-27-2003, 04:43 PM
Originally posted by Armageddon
buy it.

:odd:

MottZilla
01-28-2003, 05:04 PM
Originally posted by Armageddon
Dammit, I will just burn the thing onto a CD or if worst comes to worst...buy it.

First off, you need 1:1 copy of the CD, with the copy protection intact. There are a few programs that CAN do this. I believe BlindRead and BlindWrite Suite will do it. You need to find out what copy protection it is and if Blind can copy it. Finally, you need a valid CD key.

It's far easier, to buy it.

Mak-X
01-28-2003, 06:58 PM
Warcraft 3 is $40 this week at Best Buy, I got it for $30 when it was on sale a few weeks earlier. A year for now it will be regularly priced at $30 instead of $50.

http://www.bestbuy.com/software/Detail.Asp?e=11120561&m=1023