PDA

View Full Version : Tileshop Update

plith
01-26-2003, 09:27 AM
It's been a whole month, and in all that time I've received a grand total of ONE submission. So now I'd like to point people who were not previously aware to the site (http://tileshop.purezc.com/) and ask that people with tiles to submit do so.

But you don't have to submit just tiles. You may notice in the "Sets" section that specific tilesets can have reviews. I encourage people to submit their reviews for tilesets sometime soon.

Finally, the site is not going anywhere. And I'd rather no one at ZCN assume it will.

Cronic
01-26-2003, 02:18 PM
Originally posted by plith
Finally, the site is not going anywhere. And I'd rather no one at ZCN assume it will.

Huh? :confuse2:

C-Dawg
01-26-2003, 02:34 PM
Guitarman sent him some letter saying
1) Tim was putting up his own tileshop and so
2) Plith should take his tileshop down because
3) Tim owns the rights to put Zquest tiles online.

Plith said he wasnt going to respond, but I guess he wanted to respond in a more public way.

-C

blckscab
01-26-2003, 05:04 PM
Why would having 2 tile sites create needless conflict.:odd:

Personly, I think this is a great site...Even though I have never submited anything(yet, nothing worth submiting. Soon I will have all of my custom SI tiles to submit ;) ) So don't shut it down because someone else wants you to:blah:

Naomi
01-26-2003, 05:18 PM
C'mon, let's make the tileshop better than it ever was :)

Cronic
01-26-2003, 08:26 PM
Ummm Ok...

News to me :shrug:

My only suggestion is to make the place just a weeee bit Brighter ;) I can never read a damn thing on it...

TheGeepster
01-26-2003, 10:57 PM
So is there a second tileshop now? I say excellent! The more the merrier. (I thought there were more complete tilesets myself, but I could be wrong.)

plith
01-26-2003, 11:09 PM
Originally posted by Darth Cronic
My only suggestion is to make the place just a weeee bit Brighter ;) I can never read a damn thing on it...

Ummm... is your monitor just a bit too dark or some such? I've got a friend with an overly dark monitor, too. I suppose I could try changing colors here and there, but since I don't exactly use loadable stylesheets or anything, I'd have to go through every page to manually change it, and it really looks fine to me.

Of course, since GuitarmanTim says he'll have all the same tiles as the Tileshop, you might as well just use his when it's done, as I believe it will be much brighter.

KJAZZ
01-27-2003, 12:53 AM
Most likely not as nice looking as your Tileshop, plith..;p

w00t, an update. That makes me feel special. Maybe I'll submit something else later..;p

GuitarmanTim
01-27-2003, 08:21 AM
hey, plith, why you don't want to respond to my emails is beyond me. I just asked you nicely, if you don't agree, then fine, I never said you HAD to give it to me or anything, but I think I deserve a reply when I send you an email. All I meant was, I'd rather have no competition, but if you don't feel that way, then that's ok.

Lastly, I don't assume anything, but how am I suppost to know what you think if you refuse to email me back plith?

Cronic
01-27-2003, 09:54 AM
Originally posted by GuitarmanTim
I'd rather have no competition, but if you don't feel that way, then that's ok.

How can we call it a Zelda Classic Network if we don't infact "network"? I must say I'm a bit disapointed by that statement, and Plith for what it's worth I think youve done a fine job and GT's views are hardly the stance of ZCN as a whole.

Good luck to you both and for Christs sake try and work together as were all in the same game for the same reason.

Originally posted by KJAZZ
Most likely not as nice looking as your Tileshop, plith..;p

I won't even start into just how absurd and childish that remark was -_-

plith
01-27-2003, 10:28 AM
I made the statement a public one because I wanted everyone to know exactly what I planned on doing. There had been talk about the ZCN tile database coming soon before this, and once or twice, people have suggested I just fold up my site upon it coming out and possibly accept a position updating the site. So I felt like saying it where everyone could read it.

As for what exactly I'll do regarding cooperation, I guess I'll have to wait for the other site to be put up to see for sure.

Cronic
01-27-2003, 10:31 AM
Originally posted by plith
I made the statement a public one because I wanted everyone to know exactly what I planned on doing. There had been talk about the ZCN tile database coming soon before this, and once or twice, people have suggested I just fold up my site upon it coming out and possibly accept a position updating the site. So I felt like saying it where everyone could read it.

As for what exactly I'll do regarding cooperation, I guess I'll have to wait for the other site to be put up to see for sure.

don't sweat it, Plith. You just keep on truckin :thumbsup:

KJAZZ
01-27-2003, 08:24 PM
Originally posted by Darth Cronic
I won't even start into just how absurd and childish that remark was -_-

For one, it was a compliment to plith's site. I'm not allowed to say that I like the design? Also, don't forget the ";p" at the end of it. That's technically a smiley, and I frequently use that one for sarcasm or something of the like. Second, it was a bit childish I admit, but then again, I don't feel like arguing about something as petty as this. So whatever.

And don't forget, KJAZZ is absurd, so he's allowed to make comments like these. ;p

GuitarmanTim
01-28-2003, 09:26 AM
ENOUGHT ALREADY! bickering does none of us good. I've said my thing and that is that, now I just wish all of you would give it a rest! There is NO ware between plith and me and if it's my concern, there never will be. Just give it a rest people....

JayeM
01-28-2003, 10:27 AM
Competition makes the world go 'round. It inspires us all to do our best work. Good luck to both of you, and thanks for your contributions to the ZC community.