PDA

View Full Version : TV dinners rock!

Rijuhn
01-26-2003, 12:59 AM
About 20 minutes ago I was really hungry, but the internet masked my hunger until I stood up and yawned. So I went to my kitchen and looked around. There was nothing heavy to drink, like hot cocoa or any liquid that would fill me up, so I got out a tv dinner, Pepper Steak and Rice, and poped it in the mircrowave. I finished cooking it and then realized I was hungrier than I though, so I got Macaroni & Cheese and heated that up.

Now I'm full, and posting this thread about it. They are pretty good if you're looking for a small meal, but don't have the time or it's real late like it is right now. They've been getting better and making them cheaper and taste better, or maybe it's just my imagination. Well, goodnight.

Daarkseid
01-26-2003, 02:42 AM
I've gotten a voracious appetite lately. Just now I find myself hungry, but I'm not so lucky to have found any TV dinners. Instead I'm making myself some steamed rice.

But yes, TV Dinners are awesome for anything but a full meal(unless you have 2 or 3 of them at a time).

Beldaran
01-26-2003, 02:46 AM
I used to think that TV dinners were great until I moved into an apartment in Seattle, where, due to my unwillingness to cook, I had a TV dinner every night for nine months. Bad idea. It is now difficult for me to eat them.

Fiyerstorm
01-26-2003, 02:59 AM
I love the Hungry Man meals...

1lb of food! lol...

MrCow
01-26-2003, 11:57 AM
yes hungryman is awesome!!

AlphaDawg
01-26-2003, 12:26 PM
As if Hungry Man dinners didn't have enough food, now there's Hungry Man XXL (or something like that) with a pound and a half of food. Anybody tried one of them yet?

Personally for lunch at work I live off of whatever frozen meals happen to be on sale when I go to the supermarket, be it Stouffer's, Healthy Choice, Boston Market, Budget Gourmet, or whatever.

Flame Boy
01-26-2003, 07:43 PM
I haven't had a tv dinner for a long time, but when I do I prefer chicken and it must have a brownie as well! and to top it off corn and mashed potatoes mmmm.

Rijuhn
01-27-2003, 01:07 AM
Oh yeah!! Hungry Man rocks the most!! They fill me up so good, and best of all they are high quality, like something my mom would cook, well almost. I love the comercials for them too, "What did you have for dinner?" "A light salad and some brusle sprouts." Then the salad guy goes flying away in the wind, lol!

CrAcKeR
01-27-2003, 08:35 PM
i like the steak dinner..but i really prefer roman noodles over tv dinners

Fatty Lumpkin
01-27-2003, 09:32 PM
TV dinners are good, but they're nothing compaired to Hot Pockets. I'll eat a couple of those as a snack any day.

zfreak2004
01-27-2003, 10:50 PM
I like TV dinners, they're usually pretty good. The only think I don't usually like are the TV dinner mashed potatoes, NASTY!!!

Drunken Tiger
01-27-2003, 11:07 PM
I must admit the TV dinners here are shit compared to the ones i used to have... :S But the meat pies are good!! :drool:

KingArthur
01-28-2003, 12:39 AM
Oh yeah, Pot Pies are the SHIZNAT!

Axel
01-28-2003, 08:50 AM
I spent months living off of frozen pizzas and TV dinners. if you ever get one with a steak and mushroom gravy, those make great sandwiches...

Raichu86
01-29-2003, 11:49 AM
Yeah, TV dinners are cool, but I don't find most of them very filling. I'm starving again 3 hours after I eat one. :shrug:

Those "Bowl Appetite" things from Betty Crocker are pretty good. They've got quite a few flavors, and aren't frozen. Bad thing is they take quite a while compared to the other stuff I eat (about 8 minutes total, gotta stir which takes about a minute, microwave for 5, let it cool for 2).