PDA

View Full Version : The DarkWorld Motif

Ganonator
01-25-2003, 05:22 PM
Since DFW just released Hidden Duality, I was begginning to realize how powerful the Dark World is.

FYI, J:R has a dark world. It isn't the Dark World, or a Different Dimension, or even the Duality. Its the Redirection.

If you are wondering where this post is about to go, hang in there. I think this is one of the greatest ideas to ever come from Nintendo, ported to ZC. It gives the quester the ability to double the size of the overworld, and give the player some hits on where they need to go. Of course, ZC can't reproduce the magic mirror, but with pit warps, at times it can be very close.

In my head this post was a couple of pages long, but I guess I need your thoughts on this. Do you like this, even though its use (not really overused) is getting its share of the quests out there?

Zaggarum
01-25-2003, 07:03 PM
Yeah I think I understand :) It is cool. :thumbsup: Just curious. Did you mean hit or hint? If makes sense when you replace it with hint. I hope thats what you were talking about. :D

DarkFlameWolf
01-25-2003, 08:19 PM
J:R?

Blonde799
01-26-2003, 02:22 AM
Too many people jumping on the DW bandwagon. I'm not making a dark world, I can triple the size of the overworld without it.:shrug: I like two or more overworlds, completely different, yet related to each other(old & new hyrule in lba for example).

J:R means Journey:Redirection DFW.:)

Ganonator
01-26-2003, 11:36 PM
Originally posted by Zaggarum
Yeah I think I understand :) It is cool. :thumbsup: Just curious. Did you mean hit or hint? If makes sense when you replace it with hint. I hope thats what you were talking about. :D

It gives the player hints on where to go :D

Yes. J:R is Journey: Redirection. The original Journey is Link's Odyssey, which I'm going to put back in my sig... right now.

C-Dawg
01-26-2003, 11:39 PM
Dark World? "Doubling the size of the overworld"? You're still thinking in such limited terms... have I taught you nothing....?

Design to fit your artistic framework... don't think in little Zquest boxes (unless you've self-conciously decided to). Decide what you want, then do it. Thinking about things in terms of 128 screens as the limits of your overworld is just like having an old-school 9 dungeon quest. Even DFW doesnt do THAT anymore.

-C

DarkFlameWolf
01-26-2003, 11:43 PM
you're right C-dawg, my next quest will be completely different than anything I've done before it, you'd be proud. lol

Ganonator
01-27-2003, 02:52 AM
does it mean that I have 9 dungeons or even ONLY 2 overworlds?? heck no. I only have the main 2 to post right now, or I'd put the other one up as well. ahh well...

DarkFlameWolf
01-27-2003, 11:19 AM
so far, they look like exact replicas of each others except for color. You may need to make some more changes. Unless that is your intent to make two exact duplicates.