PDA

View Full Version : A kid from my school killed himself

Rafnul
01-24-2003, 11:20 PM
It's actually quite tragic. No word on why he did it yet, but he blew his own head off with a 12 gauge shotgun. That makes for a pretty violent scence. He wasn't really popular or anything and not a lot of people knew him, but I thought it was pretty crazy.

It's the second suicide this year from a student in my city this year. Another student killed himself from a different school after his parents kicked him out of the house and his girlfriend broke up with him.

Blah. I'm not so much sad as I am angry. I am angry that people put other people into situations that lead them to killing themselves. Personally, I don't grieve death. I think its a great thing when someone dies. It's hard sometimes to not see past yourself when you realize that YOU won't see that person again in your life, but that is statement more greedy than you can possibly imagine.

I was somewhat digusted to see people who didn't even know him crying. They don't have an excuse for this kind of behaivor. It's like they are so attached to the material world that their judgement has become flawed. People don't realize that death is a release, a sign of completion. What happens happens. We can't do anything about, but we can learn from it.

Blah... It's sad really. The state of disrepair we have put this world in. These things should not be happening. No one should even be in a position to contemplate suicide.

gdorf
01-24-2003, 11:33 PM
This reminds me of the story about a "popular" guy who took a moment out of his day to stand up for a kid who had been made fun of for fropping all his text-books in a mud-puddle on the way home from school. They ended up becoming best friends. The day they were graduating the kid finally told everyone that that day when he dropped hs books, he was on his way home to commit suicide.

I agree with you Rafnul. This really hits home for me, having known a kid at my school who committed suicide. That incident shook me up a lot.

KINGOFALLME2
01-24-2003, 11:35 PM
Geez! That'....wrong! I feel bad right now. I'm gion 2 gp to my crying spot.

Paradox
01-24-2003, 11:35 PM
a kid at my school died this year. no suicide though. suicide is a bad way to die. the people who knew him should have done a much better job.

Ganonator
01-24-2003, 11:56 PM
sadly in my high school career we lost 4 - 1 from rodeo, one from what I am sure was suicide, and 2 in a boating accident a month before graduation. Such a sad thing.

I guess you just need to realize that everybody believes different things. It also takes time.

my biggest regret was not talking to the parents, even if i didn't know them!!

Ich
01-25-2003, 12:00 AM
I hate the way that people tend to act like they were the dead person's friend after they died when they weren't. I feel that they're just trying to make themsleves look better for having befriended an outcast (which is something people respect your for) without having to hang out with them (which people don't respect you for). And the dead person isn't going to say, "Hey, when I was alive you didn't give jack shit about me, so fuck off and stop trying to act like someone who's a nice guy." It's like kicking them when they're dead.

gdorf
01-25-2003, 01:17 AM
Originally posted by gdorf I agree with you Rafnul. This really hits home for me, having known a kid at my school who committed suicide. That incident shook me up a lot.

Originally posted by ICHBINDASWALROSS
I hate the way that people tend to act like they were the dead person's friend after they died when they weren't. I feel that they're just trying to make themsleves look better for having befriended an outcast (which is something people respect your for) without having to hang out with them (which people don't respect you for). And the dead person isn't going to say, "Hey, when I was alive you didn't give jack shit about me, so fuck off and stop trying to act like someone who's a nice guy." It's like kicking them when they're dead.

I can't help but feel some of that was aimed toward me.

Just so you know, this particular kid wasn't an "outcast" as you so kindly labeled kids who commit suicide. This "outcast" had many friends at my high-school, and I guess all these people can just fuck off, right? He acted just like all my other friends, which is what really bothered me about it.

Sheesh, that trash you tried to pass for a post really hit a nerve. I had a friend, I'm not going to deny it now that he committed suicide, and I truly don't care if you want me to fuck off.

And yea, your a real nice guy.. :rolleyes:

Fatty Lumpkin
01-25-2003, 12:09 PM
A town 20 minutes south of me has a very high suicide rate among high school kids. The most recent one involved a basketball player killing himself after his coach and parents flipping out over losing a game.

My uncle, who's on the school board, tried to get the coach fired, because that wasn't the first time a b-ball player had committed suicide, but it didn't happen. Then the coach threatened to ruin his daughter's (my cousin) school career. And they STILL won't fire the guy.

tgf_guy
01-25-2003, 12:19 PM
Originally posted by Rafnul
People don't realize that death is a release, a sign of completion.

"Life is pleasant. Death is peaceful. It's the transition that's troublesome."- Sir Isaac Newton, I believe it was.

Rijuhn
01-26-2003, 12:03 AM
Originally posted by Fatty Lumpkin
A town 20 minutes south of me has a very high suicide rate among high school kids. The most recent one involved a basketball player killing himself after his coach and parents flipping out over losing a game.

My uncle, who's on the school board, tried to get the coach fired, because that wasn't the first time a b-ball player had committed suicide, but it didn't happen. Then the coach threatened to ruin his daughter's (my cousin) school career. And they STILL won't fire the guy.

Someone needs to bash his nuts in with a baseball bat, or kick his ass, hardcore style. I'm dead serious about that too. Some people just need an assbeating, though that's probably what he got so often as a child to make him be such an asshole himself.

Back on topic: I've never known anyone to have killed themselves, though I've met plently that have comtemplated it, and I'm glad I have. To not think about suicide is to not care or to not want to care. I've thought about it, and how I would go about doing so. Am I crazy or suicidal for thinking about it? Fuck no, I just wanted to make it REAL in my mind, so I would never get too worked up and really do something stupid. And from what I've seen most people that talk about killing themselves don't, but some do. It's usually those who go off into their own little world, and need a good friend who can lead them out of it into a nice warm place away from the busy non-caring real world for awhile. That's why a lot of people will say, "He was such a nice guy, and I never thought he would do that."

It's really a mixed case, and each one is different, yet there are a lot of typical cases that I've seen, but each one is still just as tragic.

stormwatcheagle
01-26-2003, 12:37 AM
Death is bad. It may be good from a scientific and mechanical view, but to us humans, it is scary to know that at sometime, you will cease to exist as we know it.

I'm with you, Ranful, but death is sad.

MottZilla
01-26-2003, 12:49 AM
I find a shotgun blast to the head is by far a bad way to go.

I mean really... that's just sad that someone would be pushed to the point to do such a thing to themself.

The thing you have to ask about any people would get upset and pretend to have been the person's friend, you have to ask them, well if you really were their friend, why the fuck didn't yuo do anything eh?

I know they don't inform their friends prior, but if you actually were their good friend, you would have done something to try to keep them happy really.

Anyway... I know people that have considered it before.

I myself wouldn't do such a thing.

Rafnul
01-26-2003, 08:30 PM
I just keep thinking to myself "How sad is it the moment they give up?". I mean really. When someone gives up life, thinking that the alternative is better, there has to be something horribly wrong. I myself view the time after I die as a far greater thing than life, but I only get so much time in life, and I get an eternity after that. We have to make the most of our lives if we hope to ever accomplish anything in death.

DToE
01-26-2003, 09:47 PM
I know a girl in my school who didn't commit scuicide, but was killed along with her mother and brother by her dad. he shot the mother like 35 times and then when the children tried to run he shot them, huddeled up to their dead bodies and burned the house down killing himself. i wasn't the girls friend, but i had known her for 3 years and i wasn't used to having people that young die. it really made me appreciate life

The Desperado
01-27-2003, 05:29 PM
Originally posted by Ganonator
my biggest regret was not talking to the parents, even if i didn't know them!!

There was this girl that i was close friends with who died a few years back. When she died, i got to know her mom really well. I kinda regret i though. She's just like her daughter. And she was so overwhelled with guilty, she got really bad into drugs and alochol and stuff. Kinda made it feel like my friend was dying again.

vaosu
01-28-2003, 12:05 AM
I remember back when I was in 4th grade, 5 years ago, and My best friend Jacob was acting very strangely. He told me that day in school, "I have no friends. My family hates me. What is my purpose on this planet?" I tried to tell him that his family is sometimes mad but will always love you, and that he has many friends, I started naming some including myself. He seemed to be cheering up. That night, he tied a rope to the top edge of his closet door, put it around his neck, about to commit suicide, when his father came boasting in, pissed as usual, this time about his report card. All F's. Jacob got so startled that he slid off the chair he was standing on, and the rope became so tight that it actually snapped his neck. I didn't go to school for 2 weeks. I thought it was my fault, even though deep down I knew it wasn't. I still upset myself thinking about the incident, even though I could of done nothing to prevent it.