PDA

View Full Version : Snow is fun! (when you don't usually get any)

Rijuhn
01-24-2003, 09:08 PM
I should of posted this last night, but it slipped my mind. I want to know if anyone else has gotten any snow over the past 2 days? I woke up yesterday morning to get ready for college, and when I drew back my curtain I said this, "Sweet shit!! It's snowed like a beotch!!" Then my mom in the kitchen said, "Hey, watch your mouth!"

Man, I had a great time today building a "fort" of snow with my little sister. It was good because we didn't fight, so at least she knows I'm not always a bastard. What we basically did was gather a bunch of snow and made a half circle and I ensured that it would be ice solid. I found out that brown snow, or partially muddy snow, is perfect for making a foundation for something. Mixing it with just a bit of white snow makes it turn into nearly rock solid ice. Then we coated it with powered snow and we had a snow ball fight.

It felt especially good to get out of the house, so that's why I might seem a bit over excited. Yesterday was almost like a dream because when we went out the wind was blowing huge wind gusts of snow in our faces, and everything was covered with 3-5 inches of it. Th snow will be gone by Sunday most likely, but it's lasted long enough to be fun. We usually don't get any snow during the year, maybe just a few sprinkling crap. I live near the coast so it's pretty rare for me to get as much as we did. Peace.:mega:

deathbyhokie
01-24-2003, 09:14 PM
oh it snows all the time around here. but do we get out of classes? nooooooooooo. stupid university

Ultra22Lemming
01-24-2003, 10:36 PM
I live in Massachusetts. For the past like 5 days, it has actually been around -2 F! Yet it only snowed like 2 inches!

Drunken Tiger
01-24-2003, 10:47 PM
I live in Australia for the past few days it has been around the 90 - 100 F mark... We have had many bushfires and i stayed home in my airconditioned room....

I WANT SOME FUCKING SNOW!!!!!!

Rijuhn
01-24-2003, 10:50 PM
I would send some with FedEx but I don't have that much to spend and I don't know where to send it.

Drunken Tiger
01-24-2003, 10:53 PM
Dont worry its the thought that counts!! ;)

Brian
01-24-2003, 11:00 PM
I got about 6 inches where I live. We've had a rare amount of winter storms (a bad ice storm and now this) for Charlotte, NC. I don't get very excited about snow any more, but it is nice to see some each year.

Rafnul
01-24-2003, 11:02 PM
Two of my friends and I got to gether this afternoon and had fights with shovels, squirt guns, and lots of snow. It got to a point where I was teamed up with one of my friends against the other one. The opposing friend took the high ground, we fought for about 20 minutes, then we came up with a diabolicaly evil plan. We got in my friends car, and drove about 4 blocks from my friend's house. We got out, and got into the house and hid in his basement. We figured he'd get bored and come in eventually. When he came in, he figured we had left and went to the other end of the house to eat dinner. We waited patiently and silently in the darkness for 40 minutes. He finally came around the door, the friend that was allied with me said in a cool voice "sniper hot" and the friend we had been stalking leaped out of skin and nearly roundhoused my other friend.

All in all, snow makes for interesting times. Just make sure you put your hood up BEFORE someone puts snow in it. ;)

Dr. Mutagen
01-24-2003, 11:07 PM
Nothing says GOOD TIME like riding a saucer sled down a steep hill. The dang sled always turns backwards, so you're sliding down at about 35 mph AND not watching where you're going. Then you hit a bump, which sends you sailing off the sled, then from there it's either blue, white, blue, white or gray, white, gray, white, depending on the weather. After that fiasco, you end up with about 10 pounds of snow in your pants. Then you walk back up the hill and repeat the process about 20 times, or until you lose the use of your limbs. Cool, huh?

Paradox
01-24-2003, 11:36 PM
i have had snow... and ice... on my ground... since thanksgiving. and it's not going to melt anytime soon. someone shoot me.

Yoshiman
01-24-2003, 11:51 PM
It was FREEZING this morning! And our school doesn't open up it's doors until 7:45. I get off the bus at 7:30. Normally I would've had to wait 15 minutes, but someone was nice enough to open up the door.

Ganonator
01-24-2003, 11:58 PM
I'm from Montana where we normally get a decent amount of snow. Before I came to college in Minnesota, all i heard about was how much snow there would be here.

Long story short, there's about 4 inches here, and over 2 feet back home.. i got screwed, man...

deathbyhokie
01-25-2003, 12:31 AM
Originally posted by Dr. Mutagen
Nothing says GOOD TIME like riding a saucer sled down a steep hill. The dang sled always turns backwards, so you're sliding down at about 35 mph AND not watching where you're going. Then you hit a bump, which sends you sailing off the sled, then from there it's either blue, white, blue, white or gray, white, gray, white, depending on the weather. After that fiasco, you end up with about 10 pounds of snow in your pants. Then you walk back up the hill and repeat the process about 20 times, or until you lose the use of your limbs. Cool, huh?

only way that gets better is to steal a cafeteria tray, and try it that way. even harder to balance

Dr. Mutagen
01-25-2003, 11:58 AM
Have you ever tried standing up on your sled while going down a hill? I tried it on a smaller hill in my yard and I couldn't stay on for even a second. I don't think that I have the guts to try it on this huge hill about a half mile from my house. Don't necessarily want to toy with death.

Samson007
01-25-2003, 02:17 PM
I live in Wisconsin.

Yesterday we had a high of -20. A low of -50. Snow isnt fun here anymore.

CrAcKeR
01-25-2003, 02:33 PM
i like snow....snow is fun..we have snow.....i play in it

zables
01-25-2003, 03:49 PM
Come to Canada if you want snow ;) theres no shortage of the white pain - in - the - arse - stuff. Simply put: Snow Sucks.

Yoshiman
01-25-2003, 09:32 PM
I've tried standing on a sled going down a hill before. It was fun until I went up a ramp that I built. Landed on my butt, got up, and ran back up to the hill for round two.