PDA

View Full Version : misc. colors

idontknow
01-24-2003, 04:26 PM
could somebody post a list defining what each of the misc. color types mean (what it is that they change)...please...thanx

Zaggarum
01-24-2003, 11:37 PM
Don't worry about a list IDK. The list already there is good enough. To make things easier, FG stands for forground and BG stands for Background.

idontknow
01-24-2003, 11:47 PM
oh...what does the caption do?/how is it different from the text color?...also, which one edits the color of the lil "rectangles" that appear when you get the map in cave/dungeon dmaps? For now, they're black, so it blends in against the black dmap map background that I have; also, setting the color is confusing because the defaults have #s like 6E and thres only like 1, 5, and something else going down (there is no 6!), if 6 is the y coordinate of the color in the pallette at the top of the misc colors dialogue box and if 6 is the x coordinate, then E must be the y coordinate but there's no E going down either!...what do the First and Second Digits refer to!?

Zaggarum
01-25-2003, 12:02 AM
The text is "Life", "Triforce" and "Inventory" on the subscreen.

Cloral
01-25-2003, 12:08 AM
The 'y' coordinate is just the cset, while the 'x' coordinate is the color within the cset. So if you have a particular color you want to use, just figure out where it is in the cset it is in and then use that value. The csets displayed are there because they are the ones most commonly used for the misc colors (csets 0 and 1 are usually used for the subscreen, and cset 6 being Link's cset is usually used for the spot to indicate where you are).

idontknow
01-25-2003, 05:01 PM
the cset from which pallette?..main?...sprite pallette 1?...what?

Cloral
01-25-2003, 05:52 PM
Whichever one is current. Remember that only csets 2, 3, 4, and 9 change when a different pallete is used (so if you use csets 0, 1, 5, 7, 8, 10, etc you don't have to worry about the colors ever changing).

idontknow
01-26-2003, 10:51 AM
another question: which color in the level pallette is the color of the screen on the map in zquest; cuz when i make custom level pallettes of my own, and the make a dungeon that uses that pallette, the screens show up as black, so its hard to tell where all my edited rooms are!