PDA

View Full Version : tell my parents i skipped school?

penguins404
01-24-2003, 04:22 PM
Ok heres the deal . One day lets call it wendsday i slept until 12 nobody woke me up, then at 12 i decide its not worth going to school for only 2 periods ( math and health ) so i dont go. now 2 days later i hit the messages button on the answering machine and it has a message from the attendance office about me missing school. Do i erase the message or do i tell my parents and then let them hear it?

Ganonator
01-24-2003, 04:28 PM
if it's your first, let it go. Otherwise, tell them.

Jigglysaint
01-24-2003, 05:08 PM
If it was me I would get in there and apologise for my actions and never do it again. The punishment could be hard, but lying about it can make it turn from a slap on the wrist to a full fledged problem. I would go with telling the truth.

Ich
01-24-2003, 05:27 PM
If you feel you can easily destroy all the evidence and forge your parents signature on a sick excuse, by all means delete the message. If you feel uncomfortable, then apologize and promise not to let it happen again. Wait until your parents have had something to drink at dinner though.

Yoshiman
01-24-2003, 05:28 PM
You should tell your parents that nobody woke you up for school and you slept in. But you don't have to say how LONG you slept in.

obi
01-24-2003, 06:06 PM
Heres where your morals kick in.
As you havent deleted it yet, don't. Tell them you over slept. It won't be a big deal, everyone makes mistakes, nobody's perfect and it's best not the mistakes get under your skin.

:)

gdorf
01-24-2003, 08:33 PM
If your parents are going to freak out about it, then don't tell them.

but if your parents are anything like mine they won't care at all, and will be glad you told them.

Rafnul
01-24-2003, 08:49 PM
I dont see any problem with not telling your parents. If they find out 3 months from now, who cares. In 3 months, it won't be a big deal at all, and you can "totally forget about it".

However, if your parents won't really care, tell them. It might spark interesting conversation or something.

There's a difference between keeping secrets and lying. Your parents might do what my parents do: find out about, but make you think they don't know. Of course, its quite obvious that they know, but you don't have to bring to attention the fact that you know that they know. ;)

KINGOFALLME2
01-24-2003, 09:02 PM
If it was me(being the decietful evil person i am) just wouldn't tell um.

Masamune
01-24-2003, 09:06 PM
just tell them the truth. if you take the bus nd you live a few miles away from school just tell them.

Drunken Tiger
01-24-2003, 10:25 PM
Just tell them, its not like you skipped class to get laid or something....

Gerudo
01-25-2003, 11:58 AM
hell no!

my parents wouldnt have found out my skipping if the stupid people at teh mall didnt narc on meh!

penguins404
01-25-2003, 05:50 PM
WEll this post sparked some intresting replys ("its not like u skipped school to get laid or anything" LOL (hey, ya never know ) )

What happened was I went and erased the message but it seems my dad had already heard it somehow. So that got me into more trouble but they still didnt care that much, just a little bit of "you should have told us" but it turned out ok :)

BebyGoku
01-25-2003, 07:06 PM
Screw it dont tell them. Forge your dads signature there easiest. Dont tell them.

stormwatcheagle
01-25-2003, 07:32 PM
I would tel them. If they find out later, they will probably not trust you anymore. At my hish school, our permemant record lasts for 60 years, and our tempoary record 5, so they can find out.

Brian
01-25-2003, 11:19 PM
Don't tell them. It would probably make a whole bunch of trouble. If its like my school system that will be the only time they call, so you don't really have anything to lose by not telling them. Although if I were you I probably would have called my parents when I woke up and told them I was sick. But anyway, forge a note (which is very easy to do). A complication however would be if they call to verify notes, in which case I'm not sure what I would do.