PDA

View Full Version : How do I get Beta 182 to work?!

CJC
01-24-2003, 12:27 PM
This is a list of files that I have in my beta 182 folder. I can't run Zelda-W for that version for some reason. Can anyone tell my what I'm missing? :confused:

1st.qst
2nd.qst
3rd.qst
ag.cfg
agsetup.exe
agsetup.txt
alleg40.dll
alleg41.dll
allegro.log
bs1st.qst
bs.til
clear.bat
demo.qst
example_1st.qst
example_2nd.qst
example_bs1st.qst
grabber-w.exe
history.txt
irunin.dat
irunin.ini
irunin.lag
new_enemy_tiles.pdf
qst.ico
readme.txt
setup.sfp
sfx.dat
zc190.exe
Zelda-w.exe
thank.exe
upgrade.exe
zc.ico
zc192b163s.exe
zc192b182w.exe
zelda.dat
zelda.exe
zgp.dat
zquest.exe
zquest.txt
zquest-w.exe

Verbatim
01-24-2003, 02:24 PM
I think you forgot to install the 1.82 support archive, so your zelda.dat, 1st.qst, 2nd.qst, etc. are out of date.

How do I know you didn't install it? You're missing one unnecessary file that you would have if you had installed it. 182test.qst is in that archive, together with the new versions of the .dat files, the new versions of the basic quest files, etc.

BTW...you should probably delete alleg40.dll, since ZC1.82 uses only alleg41.dll.

In the future, I'd recommend installing new versions (especially new beta versions) in a new folder...you'll find there are quests that you need 1.90 to run best, quests you need b152 to run best, quests you need b163 to run best, quests you need b182 to run best...it just pays to keep your older installations if you don't critically need the space, at least until the new full version comes out, which should be 100% backwards compatable with 1.90 quests, if not all the beta versions.

VEL
01-24-2003, 07:59 PM
Try running Zquest first, then ZC. If that doesn't work, what kind of error message do you get?

CJC
01-26-2003, 12:02 PM
I can run Zquest, but when I click on Zelda-W, it just closes itself automaticly (Like it doesn't open at all)

Where would this support archive be? I installed it in a seperate folder and then copied everything from the previous versions into the folder with the thout that it would work. I'll try something, and edit my reply if anything works.

No good. I don't have the support archive, so I'll edit my reply again if I find anything.

Grrrrrrrr!!!!!!!!! I found the support archive (In the exact same place I found the new version, stupid me!) but the link doesn't work and I can't download it! I tried PZC, but all I got was a 2mb file named download that did nothing! If anyone knows where else I can find this Support Archive, Please tell me.

My bad. I had to rename that download file with an .exe extension, and then it worked perfectly. Sorry about all this. Beta 182 rocks!