PDA

View Full Version : getting your quest tested

idontknow
01-23-2003, 09:39 PM
at what points should you get your test quest?/how often do you suggested that my quest be tested for bugs?..right now, i like most of my overworld done, dungeon 1 (level 1-forest temple); Dondongo's cavern (not really a level per say, but it is required that you visit there to go to level 2) and leve 2l-Mountain Temple is done as well...the forest temple has "2 Floors" and the Mountain temple has 3...if i want somebody to test my quest, how would i go about doing that?

C-Dawg
01-23-2003, 09:43 PM
Most people use beta testing as mostly a showcase for their work- especially since most people dont finish their quests. So start testing when you want people to take notice.

-C

Spike
01-23-2003, 09:53 PM
I wouldn't mind helping. Just gimme a holler anytime. I'm good for this kinda stuff. :D

death2004
01-24-2003, 04:24 AM
IDK, the best way, as Spike said, is beta-testing, i have been chosen to beta-test a quest, but, as i have a group quest started, i asked the sender to join my effort in the quest. so beta-testing works in more than one way in cases.

Petoe
01-24-2003, 09:48 AM
And don't just pick anyone for a bugtester. But though I chose the most suitable testers for my quest (at least that's what I thought then) things aren't working the way I planned:redface:

Blonde799
01-24-2003, 01:53 PM
First of all IDK, I suggest you have over 60% of your quest done, to lower the testing time and keep tester's interest. Then, ask for testers here, and pick whoever you like. Also, fix bugs as you read the bug lists from testers, so you won't forget them later.

ShadowTiger
01-24-2003, 03:32 PM
It also depends on whether or not you think that your quest is the ultimate creation. My quests were more or less throwaways, meant not quite to be a real official quest, but merely something to spend a little time on and look at the scenery. So that's why I had 3 - 4 demos, and it's already not even half finished.

So consider this before you start to release anything.