PDA

View Full Version : Touched-up original tileset?

Cavendish
01-22-2003, 11:22 PM
OK, I'm pretty new at this. I've been fiddling around with zquest and started making a quest "for real", nothing huge or earth-shattering though. Anyways, I've been looking at tilesets and nothing's really jumped out at me.. I've never been thrilled by the graphics in any of the later sprited Zelda games, actually.

Long story short.. as a whole I actually prefer the original tileset to any of the alternatives I've been able to find, except that being limited to 4 colors is unfortunate and the choices on some of those tiny few colors (link's neon green tunic in particular) is catastrophic. SO I started touching up the original tiles and got a pretty tolerable link done when I realized that there are a whole damn lot of tiles even in the smaller original set and that someone very well might have already done something along these lines, which could save me a lot of time. Can anyone point me to somewhere where I might be able to get an improved version of the original tiles? (I mean overhauls of the existing tiles, not just extended versions like the set that comes with tiles for all the new stuff)

Blonde799
01-23-2003, 01:10 PM
Zaggarum is/was making a Z1 remake, which was pretty cool looking. Ask him if you could use some of his tiles.

Rose
01-23-2003, 03:01 PM
I got some tiles that im doing for awhile now,im not sure if you want them or not but if you want anything i do need a email to send them to...

ShadowTiger
01-23-2003, 03:10 PM
Have you asked Demimore for his? They're ungodly! :sb: I mean :D

Glenn the Great
01-23-2003, 03:11 PM
Dark Dude made a revision of the classic tileset with an increased color depth. You should ask him for it.

ShadowTiger
01-23-2003, 03:30 PM
And just so we know, who did the water in the demo quest? That's seriously awesome water.

KJAZZ
01-23-2003, 08:39 PM
Alpro (who I haven't seen in forever) made an update to the Classic Tiles, and they were cool, but they didn't have that many pallette changes. But yeah, Dark Dude's are the best classic remake IMO..;)

Tom
01-24-2003, 04:22 PM
can someone send me all these classic remake tiles because i have asked before and i noone ever mentioned dark dudes ones and i searched for it and there was no downloads and the pictures were broken and whats demimores one

Cavendish
01-25-2003, 07:29 PM
Thanks for everybody's help. I did find some very nice tiles, but I've been continuing to work on my own and I've become somewhat attached to them, so I think I'll just stick it out. I don't want to lose what I've got done already and don't want to have to convert tiles between two (or possibly more!) sets.

Anyways, thanks again. One other question, though.. if I get the set I'm working on finished and polished up, what would be a good (preferably free) way to distribute it?

DeathLink
01-26-2003, 07:57 PM
Originally posted by Britannianhero4
And just so we know, who did the water in the demo quest? That's seriously awesome water.

Phantom Mennace(sp?) the original creator of ZC i belive made everything in that quest