PDA

View Full Version : Boss Tiles...

Dark Lord
01-21-2003, 08:29 PM
I need to know how many bosses are available, and where I can get them? What are good resources to tiles such as these, and other sprites as well. Thanks in advance!

Ian
01-22-2003, 06:04 PM
C-dawg's DOY has some amazing Custom Bosses. I'm not quite sure of some others, but I think Descendent is supposed to have some good ones.

I'm not sure how many bosses there, but you can use anything that fits into the pallette for a custom boss.

Dark Lord
01-22-2003, 08:23 PM
Whats a DOY? I don't mean to sound stupid, and how can I find it?

C-Dawg
01-23-2003, 07:25 AM
It's a quest I made last year. It's buggy in comparison to alot of other finished quests, but it's memorable to the Zquest community because 1) it was the first quest to use "special effects" and custom bosses on a large scale and 2) it remains the longest (hardest?) quest out there.

You can grab the graphics if you want; they do contain alot of custom boss graphics. The problem is that you can't just plunk em into Zquest -- well, with the exception of the enemy tiles, which are largely custom. You have to set up custom bosses using pit warps, full-screen warps, secrets and etc. It's a complicated process.

You can get the quest file (and the tiles) on my Yahoo breifcase. Check the QA&D thread that links to people's quests for info.

-C

ZeldaFan001
01-23-2003, 07:23 PM
For the link, check the bottom of my signature to find it.