PDA

View Full Version : Clueless here.

ShadowTiger
01-21-2003, 03:04 PM
Yep, I'm an admin. I'm an admin, at Complete Zelda Classic. And by golly, I'm a ShadowBlazer Wannabe. :spin: I see all the hacks that he's installing, and I can honestly admit that I'm a tad jealous. But it's not about that. I want to find out how to be a good C-admin, and that involves the hacks, the FTP address, not only my ability to work with people. In the end, it all appears to be about working with the people, but along that road, there's also the Hacks, and the working with the forum, and all that stuff.

So what I would like to know from the good, responsible Mods and Admins at AGN, is how do you work with hacks, and the FTP addresses, (and their respective terminology.) and everything involved with the slightly more technical terms that being a responsible Admin revolve around. Thank you for your help! :kawaii:

Beldaran
01-21-2003, 03:09 PM
I don't know what kind of BBS software you are running, but if you are running a vBulletin, you should check out This Site (http://www.vBulletin.org). It has many pre-made hacks and instructions on how to install them. I know that many of the hacks here at AGN (inculding the arcade) came from this site.

If you are running different software, I suggest you start with that company's website and move on from there. Most sites have a "links" section or some sort of advice column on how to improve your BBS experience.

ShadowTiger
01-21-2003, 03:23 PM
Alright, thanks Beldaran. CZC is running off of Invision Power Board. It resembles the boards at PZC. (But that's just an observation, and my modem isn't fast enough for me to just casually check just yet.) So I'll get there when I get home, (I post at school. ;) ) and get the hacks.

But that certainly doesn't change my opinions of ShadowBlazer. ;)