PDA

View Full Version : Time your AGN visits?

Beldaran
01-21-2003, 05:10 AM
I am browsing the board now at 1:15am pacific time and they are so fast and smooth. Normally, there are occassional hang ups and just plane old crashes that cause me to either wait 5 minutes for the page to load or close IE and go do something else.

I'm considering just never posting during the day and then sneaking in right before I go to sleep and getting it all done.

Do you think there is a correlation between the absence of members and the speed of the boards? Or is this a coincidence?

goKi
01-21-2003, 06:17 AM
Possibly not... they run VERY slow for me all the time, and i spend the bulk of my board browsing time when there are little members around.. but hey, my connection sucks

slothman
01-21-2003, 06:05 PM
They seem to be fast for me, both when there are many members and when there are few.

Petoe
01-21-2003, 06:08 PM
The boards are almost always slow when I'm surfing no matter how many users here are. And I'm using a cable modem.:odd:

Oh, and I usually visit here during 11pm - 1am my (Finnish) time...it's about 5pm - 7pm American time.

Ganonator
01-21-2003, 06:12 PM
they are normally very fast.. there will be a few times where a page just won't come up, but that's a rare occasion, and 5 minutes later, it is back to normal anyway.

Blonde799
01-21-2003, 06:35 PM
Boards run fast for me.:) Although I experience slowdown too, it's just because my connection's activity is lagging.

KingOfHeart
01-21-2003, 06:43 PM
They usually work fine for me and I'm on it alot. Sometimes I go to armageddongames.com if .net don't load. Sometimes neither of them load

Shadowblazer
01-21-2003, 08:57 PM
I don't think the board issues are related to the number of users online. Usually it's worst for me when I'm work at night, sometimes when there are only four or five people here. I think the host is just having problems...

At least that's my theory. Can't be the software, nooooooooooo!!

Rijuhn
01-22-2003, 12:31 AM
Well, it's been running fast, and being the first web pages to load even if I just opened up the site, so there's no problems here. Once in awhile though the boards will "jam" for about 20 seconds, and then everything will be fine.

Drunken Tiger
01-22-2003, 01:17 AM
They run pretty fast for me as well, considering im on dialup.... :(

Glenn the Great
01-22-2003, 01:50 AM
I second DT. I'm on a 26.4K connection and the while a page doesn't load instantaneously, it still loads acceptably quickly.

ShadowTiger
01-22-2003, 09:28 AM
they are normally very fast.. there will be a few times where a page just won't come up, but that's a rare occasion, and 5 minutes later, it is back to normal anyway.
Ditto.

ctrl-alt-delete
01-22-2003, 11:34 PM
I have 56K, and more sucky, AOHELL, but they are still pretty fast for me unless I am using Kazaalite to download something. Every once in a while though, a page will have to be reloaded because it won't come up, but that isn't a very big hassle.