PDA

View Full Version : I finished MGS2

MottZilla
01-21-2003, 01:45 AM
And the end part of the game was REALLY weird. Everything gets all confusing.

However I DID like the sword. But you don't get to use it much.

Anyways, didn't anyone else think the ending was really messed up?

Overall the game was awesome. There were quite a few points I ended up stuck though. A bit annoying, but still.

So what extra stuff is there to do? Secrets and such. I saw the woman on the radar. So that can be crossed off the list.

Other than that, what else did everyone think of MGS2?

AlexMax
01-21-2003, 05:39 PM
I loved the ending.

I liked MGS2, although it really offered me nothing new over MGS other than the under-used HFB.

Cronic
01-21-2003, 06:49 PM
Play it on Extreme... ;) Collect dog tags for things like stealth camo etc.

Flame Boy
01-21-2003, 09:00 PM
I just beat it again not to long ago. The first time when I went through the end freaked me out, but it's all good. I still need to get some stuff for the plant section though. I've gotten the bandana and the stealth for the tanker, but in the end just truly an awesome game.

Denium
01-21-2003, 09:55 PM
How the hell did you get stuck? That game was linear, not to mention that you could get advice from the Colonel at any given time.

Cronic
01-22-2003, 02:42 AM
************************************************** *****************************
Snake gives Raiden a disc.
************************************************** *****************************

Raiden:
Now, how do we open this thing?

Snake looks at the ceiling.

Snake:
You can come out now.

The ninja, Mr. X, jumps from the ceiling.

Raiden:
A ninja!? What the -- ?

Mr. X:
Arsenal is going to take off.

Mr. X takes out his sword.

Mr. X:
But we still need to take care of a few things... This time time, do not fail
us.

The ninja goes into fighting stance.

Raiden:
Snake, what's this all about!?

Snake:
Bedtime, Raiden.

Raiden goes for his gun but is stopped by the ninja.

Snake:
I wouldn't do that.

Raiden:
Your changing sides now!?

Snake:
Changing sides? I don't recall ever saying I was on yours.

Raiden:
Damn it.

Funny thing is....

when you first meet Pliskin after you two have talked you can start shooting him... wait until he just wants you dead and doesn't break in firing...

Call him on your Codec and he will Scream "Dammit I'm on YOUR side!"

Denium
01-22-2003, 01:31 PM
I thought I was the only one who caught that...

MottZilla
01-22-2003, 04:21 PM
You can get stuck by not knowing where something you must do is. The game is linear, but you still have to know where things are otherwise you go no where. My first time through elasped 10 hours.

Maverick_Zero
01-22-2003, 10:03 PM
What took me a long time was the time when it got really weird, and the "normal" soldiers became harder the any boss in the game.

Cronic
01-22-2003, 10:49 PM
Try having to fight tweaked versions of those soldiers (and by fight I mean kill =P ) armed with nothing but your bare hands...

Welcome to Alternative and VR missions ;)

MottZilla
01-26-2003, 01:25 AM
I really want Substance for PC. ;p When is it due out anyway?

Cronic
01-26-2003, 05:11 AM
You have a while... You should break down and steal an Xbox man...

If for nothing else than I saw a demo for NINJA GAIDEN and it's just BAD ASS!!!!!11111111111!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

MottZilla
01-26-2003, 05:30 AM
I don't have the cash man. I do want NG though. I will definitly end up with an Xbox for that game alone atleast.

Cronic
01-26-2003, 05:32 AM
Thats why I said steal ;)

Also GO DOWNLOAD A NG DEMO

You will NOT be disapointed ( I saw it today in DOAXBV and my jaw dropped)

MottZilla
01-26-2003, 05:33 AM
Where can I see the demo? And I would steal one, but that requires plotting to steal one, and I'm lazy. ;p