PDA

View Full Version : Screen 83 COLOR! NOOOOO!

Spike
01-20-2003, 08:40 PM
:angry: Kinda mad... Anyway, on screen 83, for some reason it uses a different cset or pallette or something for some reason than the overworld. How do I change that? I have a map I changed it with with the same tiles before, but I forgot how to do it, it's been about a year... That may be why. ANYWAY, HELP APPRECIATED :cry:

GerrardCapashen
01-20-2003, 08:43 PM
press the numbers ion your keyboard. Another way is to go in the screen menu, where you set the guy things and all and go to screen palette and change the number

Spike
01-20-2003, 08:53 PM
Well, I hit the numbers, it changes them to messed up colors. They're all darkened. Instead of the bright they should be. And besides, I don't remember how to change the pallette of the screen... So I'm still in the dark. >_<

GerrardCapashen
01-20-2003, 09:00 PM
Well they must be messy colors because the palettes 1-9 are level palettes and if your screen 83 need overworld colors it will be ugly. The palette for overworld is optained by pressing 0.

To modify the colors of the palettes, you must go into Quest -> Graphics -> Palettes -> Main. But you should modify this only if you know what you're doing.

Or maybe I don't understand your question?

Spike
01-20-2003, 09:03 PM
Good god, thank you! Guess I need to use ZQuest more often............. Anyway, thanks for your time. Maybe we'll meet again. :p

Saro
01-20-2003, 09:24 PM
So what does screen 83 do anyway? I've never found a use for it... :confuse2:

GerrardCapashen
01-21-2003, 12:04 AM
Well, it is your template when you create dungeons, the middle is now useless. It was used, at least I think, in version 1.90 to attribute secret combos (back there there was only 16 flags so the middle squares was enough for most quest).

Of course spike we will surely meet again. I post here nearly everyday so you can just browse forums and I'll be there ... somewhere. LOL