PDA

View Full Version : Another stupid question.... combos

Freedom
01-20-2003, 07:19 PM
You people are so far advanced from where I am you don't even discuss the things I still don't have a clue about.

I've only been at this a couple of weeks.

I've read everything, searched the threads....
still lost.

On these combo tiles.
When I put another tile in by right clicking and replacing an existing tile, it changes all of those on the screen.
how do you get them to stay where you put them?

I'm trying to do mountains in the BSZelda and want more than the 2 available angles available on the right of the screen.

What I did was right clicked and replaced one with the new one I wanted, but that changes all on the screen, I even saved before changing back, with still no luck.

How do you import a new tile from the combo page that isn't available on the right side of the screen.

Sorry to bore you with these stupid questions, but I've been setting here for hours just clicking away, and the definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over again and getting the exact same results.

:O)

GerrardCapashen
01-20-2003, 08:40 PM
I don't really understand your first question, huh left-click to put a tile lol.

For your second question, don't worry, it took me a week before finding it lol, just hold shift and press page down, it will bring the next page of combo. There, you should find all tiles you need. If you miss some, just go down until you reach some red suqares (empty tiles), and import one by the usual manner, right-click and choose.

Hope that helps

Freedom
01-20-2003, 09:04 PM
MAN!!! you're a God-send!

I was right clicking and trying to replace an old tile with a new, and then that would change all of the ones I'd used on the screen.

That was TOO easy.

GerrardCapashen
01-21-2003, 11:22 AM
LOL, pleased to have helped you.
Don't worry I make stupid errors like this one sometimes. Like trying to make a guy that sell things appear when you enter a DMAP and post my question on the forum to figure out I just forget to change the DMAP level to else than 0. (In case you don't know, ZC treats all level 0 as overworld, so you can imagine how i was hard to make a guy appear on the overworld LOL).

Freedom
01-21-2003, 06:37 PM
I couldn't get one to work this morning, maybe that's what I did too.
I just moved on to something else and left it go, life's too short :O)

I'm still not to sure about how to grab tiles other then the ones that are on the right side menu.

I grabbed one (fire) earlier, and it just disappeard into the abiss.
must of went into the darkworld :O)

GerrardCapashen
01-21-2003, 08:06 PM
maybe the cset (color set) u use makes your fire goes dark. You can change it by pressing + & - on the numpad to change it.

Xyvol
01-21-2003, 08:12 PM
Sometimes it's just hard to explain things by typing it out. But I think maybe this will help with what you're asking about. You're looking for more combo's right? What version are you using? 1.90? Try going to the Tools menu, and select Combo Page. That will bring up a menu that lets you select which combo page the screen you're on uses. If you're working with the default graphics this won't help, but I think some of the other graphic sets have more than one page of combos. Check what's on the combo pages by going to the Quest menu and select combos. Then use pgup and pgdn or the arrows to change combo pages.

Freedom
01-21-2003, 10:20 PM
Hi Xyvol,

I'm using the revenge2 graphics in a new quest.
I know how to find them ok (in the combo page) but don't know how to use them from in there.
I don't know how to get them from there onto the screen, they just vanish when I click on them.

also they are upside down when they go into the square box when you click on them.

I clicked on a red square and got one to move over but it transfered upside down and in the wrong color.

:O)

Gerrard,

I don't think it's a color pallette problem, I think it's a loose nut behind the screen problem :O)

Just don't know what I'm doing.
This is the first time I've really done this sort of thing.
I've played with graphics with paint shop pro, animate gifs, and webpages and such, but this game stuff is a new adventure :O)

Xyvol
01-21-2003, 11:39 PM
That sound very srtange. I don't know why things would be dissapearing. As for the filp thing, try pushing "V" and "H" while in the combo editor, those keys flip the tile verticaly and horizontaly. But I dunno about those other things. I haven't used the program myself for a few months, so there may be something I'm missing. I don't know why none of the other more knolegeable people haven't responeded to this topic. I think they're all playing with their newer versions. Have you tried downloading the 1.92 build 163 version. They updated the manual with that release, it's been really helpful for me.

Freedom
01-22-2003, 09:02 AM
Xyvol,

Hi,
I downloaded the 192-163 but haven't even unzipped it.
I got the impression the 190 was more stable so been playing with it instead.

maybe I sould unzip the 192 and look at it's readme files.
I think it's just that I don't know what I'm doing yet, but I have to say, I'm having a lot of fun doing it. :O)

Xyvol
01-22-2003, 10:09 AM
That's good. As long as you're still having fun. The best advice I can give is to just keep playing around with things, experament and see what happens.

Freedom
01-22-2003, 12:59 PM
Xyvol,

The 192 I got doesn't have any txt files with it :O(

Xyvol
01-22-2003, 10:09 PM
Hmm. Maybe it was in with the support files. Try this then:
http://xyvol.com/zelda/zquest.txt

Freedom
01-22-2003, 11:53 PM
Hey! That's great!
Thank you, got it saved into a wordpad text file.

Seems to be a lot of info in it.

Thanks again :O)