PDA

View Full Version : Four side side warps!

DarkFlameWolf
01-19-2003, 08:55 PM
I constantly find as I'm working on my quest that you need more than one side warp per screen. CAn you make it so that each direction off the screen can be its OWN sidewarp? That'd be so helpful.

Ganonator
01-23-2003, 04:48 AM
I started to post this in the discussion we are having in ZCBD (umm.. yeah) about the midis.

I then realized that DFW already started a topic on this, so here goes -

I have always wanted to have a map where the midi is room specific, or even parts of my overworld where there is a different title and midi, that is a ONE screen transition between regions. and it has always required a stupid side warp - which can only be used on ONE side. such a pitiful thing.

You could have a new option in the side warp dialog - Direct to DMap option, which instead of warping to a specific screen, you warp to a different DMap, and the screen you set is the one you are on right now. Let me elaborate

DMap 1

X X X X
X T X X
X B X X - B is the boss screen, where you want the different
X E X X midi, and it has exits north and south. North is the triforce.
E is the way in, and T is the triforce screen.

so on the second DMap

Dmap 2

O O O O This is what the map looks like, but it has the
O O O O 'boss' midi playing, or whatever in the background.
O b O O You set a DMap warp on that screen, and trigger
O O O O it for up and down. For the screen it references,
you just pick the corresponding screen on the primary DMap, the one on TOP with the B.

On the DMap warp option, the screen still has side triggers
_
|b|
^ here is the screen, and you would set the bottom and top to trigger. referencing it to screen B (and in all sincerity, its even the same map... duh)

when link then walks and sets off the trigger, it warps him to either T or E, depending on which way he goes. even though he originally is on the Dmap with the small 'b'.

You can then use conventional side warps to go from T or E to get into small b.

As long as you realize that Dmap1 and Dmap2 are the SAME map, it works great.

Also,

1 T 2

screen 1 is the region 1, T is the transitional region, and 2 is the second region, all with different Dmap #'s and midis. Normally, it would take either a pit warp and a bottleneck, or a 1 T T 2 sequence to get this to work properly. With this implemented, you can use a Dmap warp from T to 1, and a Side warp from T to 2. There are tons of other implications that could be done as well, with the mix of all 3 types (i.e. go to 3 different ways, ala

T 3

anyway

I hope that makes sense, because it is my own little brainchild. If anybody has questions, feel free to ask away.

DarkFlameWolf
01-25-2003, 11:06 PM
I'm lost, my idea was simpler. LOL ;)