PDA

View Full Version : Teal Squares

GerrardCapashen
01-19-2003, 07:23 PM
I've been toying with zquest for about a year or so until now but I never into serious quest until now and something always intrigued me. I know it might be somewhere in the manual but I didn't saw it at first glance and since I have no patience, I thought I would have a faster response by asking my question in this forum.

What on earth does the teal squares does? You know when you are going to add some new tiles to the tileset on the right of the screen. Where you choose combo type like stairs, cave, etc.. You have pink squares to tell where link can step or not but what does the teal squares next to them does?

Petoe
01-19-2003, 07:29 PM
If you're using build182, nothing anymore. (The 3rd square was used for CSet2 but it's not needed anymore)

EDIT: But if I think again, with the 3rd square, you can use multiple CSets on one combo. I hope you'll get it because I'm too tired to explain it... (Sorry that I'm confusing. I'm just up too late. I'll go to sleep now...)

GerrardCapashen
01-19-2003, 07:32 PM
Thanks, I am effectively using build182. I hope they take this out cuz it might confuse people uselessly.

Xyvol
01-19-2003, 07:48 PM
For people who aren't using the new version, the that square is for selecting a diffrent Cset. The sections in blue will use the different set. Then on the line CSet 2, enter the difference between the two sets. For example, it the combo uses Cset 2, and you want half of it to use Cset 10, click on the boxes and enter 8 on the CSet 2 line. This is all in my build 163 manual, so you can look it up there as well.

Praethus
01-20-2003, 11:49 AM
It still works though right? What if you want to CSet 2 only half a tile and get a tile with two sets of colors.

Xyvol
01-21-2003, 05:33 AM
Just select half the combo in the box.

Praethus
01-21-2003, 11:21 AM
I knew how to do it, but they were making it sound like it was disabled...