PDA

View Full Version : And the King said, 'Let Them Wear Trousers'

J.J. Maxx
01-19-2003, 01:52 PM
The Queen of England, after having kneee surgery, walked out of the hospital... *wait for it* .. in trousers! :laughing:

http://www.npr.org/programs/atc/features/2003/jan/queen/queentrousers.jpg

What's next? SHORTS?! She's the Queen of all bloody England for pity's sake, she can't be seen wearing pants..

Oh, and The Times of London has devoted team coverage to resulting uproar.

I think it's funny that in our day and age people still get all bent out of shape over some old bag wearing pants... :eek:

/me gets dragged away by funny looking men in furry hats...

Starkist
01-19-2003, 02:32 PM
I think she looks very dignified in pants.

Zaphod Q. IX
01-19-2003, 02:55 PM
Indeed shoe does look dignified.
You'd be very surprised though...the BBC spent over an hour covering it. She's never been seen wearing them in public.

Here's the article (http://www.npr.org/display_pages/features/feature_925961.html) the picture came from.

King Link
01-19-2003, 02:59 PM
I actually find it quite hilarious that people have nothing better to do than gawk and be completely amazed that someone is wearing something different than she normally does.

She's wearing something different. Hmm, I guess this causes for an uproar, right? LOL.

carrot red
01-19-2003, 03:07 PM
Originally posted by Starkist
I think she looks very dignified in pants.

Yes indeed
Besides, the cloth doesn't make the monk

AlexMax
01-19-2003, 03:44 PM
Why the fuck would the BBC waste an hour on this shit? It's not newsworthy. At all.

moocow
01-19-2003, 03:59 PM
Awww... I think she looks cute! I wanna hug her!

No.. I'd probably get shot... nevermind.

She does look really dignified though... :)

Fiyerstorm
01-19-2003, 04:04 PM
She looks ok to me.....

obi
01-19-2003, 07:43 PM
Originally posted by King Link
I actually find it quite hilarious that people have nothing better to do than gawk and be completely amazed that someone is wearing something different than she normally does.

She's wearing something different. Hmm, I guess this causes for an uproar, right? LOL.

Not really, the Royal family is something England that is very proud to boast. Granted the whole Idea in general is quite silly, the basic principal around it is not. It's not common or was not common for Queen's to wear trousers, thus you get the reaction you have.

This could probably be compared to maybe, Jarrod spamming his boards for example. It's not something that fits into the image of being owner or something like that, and you'ed have some form of upraoar where members ask why.
:shrug:

Dart Zaidyer
01-19-2003, 08:00 PM
Have you ever watched the british sit-com "keeping up appearances"? There's a sad truth to that... England is apparently still quite full of Bucket women.
Alternatively, this could also stand in as a plot point for Frasier Crane to fuss over with no trouble at all.

Ich
01-19-2003, 09:11 PM
It's the queen, and British people are, as we all know, not like us. They fought two wars against us, and they want us to think that they're our friend. Let's nuke them.

Dart Zaidyer
01-19-2003, 10:58 PM
You take that back! They have good programmers in England! =)

Maverick_Zero
01-19-2003, 11:03 PM
Why does CNN cover an hour on the guy who died, and his family revealed that he pretended to be Big Foot, making fake foot prints, and dressing up in a monkey suit, godamn CNN!!

3-Headed Monkey
01-20-2003, 02:34 PM
Have you ever watched the british sit-com "keeping up appearances"? There's a sad truth to that... England is apparently still quite full of Bucket women.
Alternatively, this could also stand in as a plot point for Frasier Crane to fuss over with no trouble at all.

lol, I love Keeping Up Appearances. I love seeing Hyacinth in Daisy and Onslow's house.

One of my favorite parts of that is "Mr Whatsit."