PDA

View Full Version : 1.92 shut down when I open the map

Tudorcat
01-19-2003, 10:33 AM
After fighting with ZC and the sound options I now have reached a new obsticle. Almost every time I play a quest on 1.92 windows version 2 different things tend to happen when I try to look at the map or when I am trying to close the map:

1. ZC simply shuts down

2. The screen turns all black and it says: drawing map... and it doesnt seem to matter that I have been in that area looking on the map before.

And every now and then it all works like clockwork.... strange huh?

Suggestions?

GerrardCapashen
01-19-2003, 10:52 AM
There's nothing to do about it for now Tudorcat! It is simply a bug in beta182. I think you can access the map safely once per game, but afterwards, you get kicked out of the game. Why this thing happens? Probably because the debugger shortcuts were left in. Play with the numbers and you'll get free master swords and gold rings :)

Tudorcat
01-19-2003, 11:16 AM
I am not sure if I under stand debugger shortcuts?
What numbers? But thanks for the info

GerrardCapashen
01-19-2003, 07:49 PM
Well debugger shortcuts are simply ways for debuggers to access options in the game quickly via keyboard. The numbers I meant are simply the 1234567890 keys on top of your keyboard. If you are running build182, pressing those keys can give you wooden sword, white sword, etc. as well as rings! :)

Saro
01-20-2003, 09:17 PM
Weird, I haven't had any problems with the beta version as of yet, except that it's a little more sluggish than the non-beta DOS version... but that doesn't bother me.

GerrardCapashen
01-21-2003, 12:23 AM
Well the new beta version is kinda less buggy than the previous one. The bugs in this one are just more visible, like the map which shutdown ZC, and the debugger shortcuts, however it is less buggy since all these bugs are easy to avoid.

Tudorcat
01-21-2003, 10:08 AM
I think its VERY annoying that I have to be so careful every time I play not opening the map more then once so I dont shut down the game and its happend a few times belive me.

GerrardCapashen
01-21-2003, 11:00 AM
Yeah I know, I hope they fix this soon. TO avoid this I simply don't open the map at all (which means I get lost LOL) or play with 1.92 beta163, which I think is not available anymore.