PDA

View Full Version : This *really* hurts your eyes.

goKi
01-19-2003, 05:29 AM
Image is 1024x768 Pixels... sorry

http://www.geocities.com/gokiftp/smokesun.jpg

okay, long story..

There has been bushfires all around the country this summer (yes, its summer over here).. but thankfully not here. And because of the drought the whole country is experiencing, you could say that we are very unprepared for such a situation. well anyway, the above imae depicts the red sun that can be seen from outside my front door.. Today was blistering hot, and i woke up early to go to work, my car was covered in soot and ash, and my eyes stung, there was smoke blown from the fires atop the mountains several hundred kilometers away from my house.. Even now when im inside, it still stinks of smoke, and even at almost 9pm, its still VERY hot... stocktake at work tomorrow could prove to be very fun... might even be there until midnight *yay*. Ahh well... im not complaining, over 200 houses have been knocked down by bushfired in Canberra, with 4 people dead.. great.

EDIT - Meh, image wouldnt work, save target as.

MottZilla
01-19-2003, 05:36 AM
Goto http://www.geocities.com/gokiftp/ and then click the pic file.

That's what I did. And that's not good. o.O However, it's cold here so how bought we give you some of our snow in exchange for alittle warm up? ;p I don't like it when it's freezing ass cold out.

zables
01-19-2003, 05:37 AM
Man, thats some kind of rough...
but atleast your ok :)

Gerudo
01-19-2003, 06:37 AM
Originally posted by goKi
Ahh well... im not complaining, over 200 houses have been knocked down by bushfired in Canberra, with 4 people dead.. great. LMAO :lol:

sorry, that statement struck me as funny... ;)

Mander
01-19-2003, 09:35 AM
The bushfires here are terrible. When one state gets control of them they break out in another state. The worse thing is that most of them are started by people who think lighting fires is amusing.
Latest figures from Canberra are 4 dead, 300 injured, 357 houses destroyed and many more badly damaged. And the fires are still burning.

goKi
01-19-2003, 09:50 AM
werent there 4 or 5 critically injured?

how bad was the smoke up there, Mander?

Dr. Mutagen
01-19-2003, 03:50 PM
Sorry to hear that. :( I agree with Mottzilla, though. We should probably use an airlift to carry a good load of snow over to your place. It's snowing like crazy over here in Northwestern Michigan, so I'm almost positive we can get an ample supply.

moocow
01-19-2003, 04:29 PM
aww goKi, that sucks dude... hope it all clears up soon :(

Beldaran
01-19-2003, 04:52 PM
Simply copy the link and paste it in your browser.

Ian
01-19-2003, 04:56 PM
I'd love to send over some snow, we just had a blizzard and we're gonna have another tomorrow (oh well, I'll get to sleep in)

At least it wasn't you in one of those houses.

KingArthur
01-19-2003, 05:01 PM
Can I have some snow too?

Mander
01-19-2003, 08:58 PM
Originally posted by goKi
werent there 4 or 5 critically injured?

how bad was the smoke up there, Mander?
Yes there were some critically injured. They have been sent to Sydney. As for the smoke we are pretty lucky up here. We get a haze but that is about all.

Ich
01-19-2003, 09:35 PM
I remember when there were fires in Canada, and we had a fresh burnt pine scent for a couple days, and it was like fog, only it was dry, and it sucked but we went out of town for the last few days of it.

Drunken Tiger
01-19-2003, 09:55 PM
The smoke down here isnt that bad.. It actually looks like cloud coverage!! :shrug:

SSJDragon420
01-19-2003, 09:56 PM
Please come and take the cold away from us in michigan... You need it we don't.