PDA

View Full Version : Zelda Classic 1.92 Beta 183

Dark Nation
01-19-2003, 03:23 AM
This is a bugfix-release.

BACKUP YOUR FILES BEFORE USING THIS! ALTHOUGH ALL THE QUEST CORRUPTING BUGS SHOULD BE GONE, YOU CAN'T BE TOO CAREFUL!

1. Thanks to FatCatFan for finding this one. Fixed the bug (I hope) that causes temporary files to litter your hard drive sometimes after running ZC or ZQ.
2. Walk flags now only show up for layers 0-2 in ZQuest.
3. Now, if you set a layer to an invalid map in ZQuest, the layer map number reverts to 0 (disabling the layer) as opposed to crashing ZQuest as it used to do.
4. Now, if you open a quest in ZQuest with fewer maps than the one currently in memory, you go to the last map in the quest.
5. Fixed bat new enemy tiles.
6. Fixed code for boss key blocks.
7. Fixed the bug where the save select screen border wouldn't erase around the text that was placed on it after you loaded a custom quest.
8. Fixed vsyncing back to what it was in beta 181 and below.
9. AG.CFG is now created by Zelda, so no more errors about not being able to find it.
10. Fixed the bug where completing the 3rd quest would generate an error.
11. Fixed the bug in the tile selector where clicking on the down arrow wouldn't move past page 125.
12. Fixed the bug in the tile selector where returning to the tile selector screen would switch the page to 125 if you left it on a higher page.
13. Fixed the bug where debug keys were left on by default.
14. Removed the "Combo Page" menu item from the Tools Menu.
15. Fixed the bug where Link could be pulled outside of a Like-Like that had caught him, making it harder for Link to kill it, since he was still paralyzed.
16. Thanks to FatCatFan for this addition/omission correction. The secret combo page now shows the map flags for the combos if the flags option is on (from pressing the F key). This carries over between the map editor and the secret combo dialog (pressing F on either one turns flags on for both, basically).

Also, my work is sending me on a week-long training class so I will not be working on ZC until after January 24th.

Anyway, here are the files.

Zelda Classic 1.92 Beta 183 for DOS (http://www.zcnetwork.com/darknation/zb/zc192b183/zc192b183d.exe)
+zelda.exe
+zquest.exe

Zelda Classic 1.92 Beta 182 for Windows (http://www.zcnetwork.com/darknation/zb/zc192b183/zc192b183w.exe)
+zelda-w.exe
+zquest-w.exe

If you are missing any files, download the full public beta 182 of Zelda Classic 1.92 then download this version on top of that.

AlphaDawg
01-19-2003, 11:35 AM
Trying to view the overworld map more than once still crashes Zelda Classic.

Also for when you get back please include the version of the 3rd quest attached to this post to all future betas and the final release. vegeta1215 discovered a minor bug that I have fixed in this attachment.

Nick
01-19-2003, 02:36 PM
So far, I've noticed the heart beep is still messed up.

With the classic sfx, it sounds like it's repeating the first part of the beep really fast. With something like the LTTP pack, you hear no beep at all. :odd:

Dark Nation
01-19-2003, 02:39 PM
Okay. I'll look at that when I get back from my trip. Also, can someone go through the bugs in the quarantined bugs forum and see if those bugs are really fixed?

KJAZZ
01-19-2003, 03:08 PM
Originally posted by Dark Nation
Anyway, here are the files.

Zelda Classic 1.92 Beta 183 for DOS (http://www.zcnetwork.com/darknation/zb/zc192b183/zc192b183d.exe)
+zelda.exe
+zquest.exe

Zelda Classic 1.92 Beta 182 for Windows (http://www.zcnetwork.com/darknation/zb/zc192b183/zc192b183w.exe)
+zelda-w.exe
+zquest-w.exe

Beta 183 for DOS and 182 for windows..? ;)

Cloral
01-19-2003, 05:59 PM
Since I still can't see the Quarantined Bugs Forum, I'll go through my "Build 104 Bugs" list and see how many of those are still around. I suspect that the majority of them are.

Qusetonui
01-19-2003, 10:05 PM
Here are some bugs I found in the Windows edition of beta 183:

Red Lanmolas still share the same tiles as the Blue Lanmolas

Rapidfire Hammer Bug (you have to be fast by pressing the B button in a rapid fire pattern or you won't reproduce it)

Quick Sword and B item = cancel sword and start attack (this has been tested with Windows. If you have lightning reflexes and press A fast enough and then press B BEFORE the sword emits its beam, you have reproduced this bug)

Those are only a few bugs/glitches found in Beta 183

This is a major relief from 182's debug keys littered around. Now I can press the D key without having ZC to crash.

Good work, DN. :highfive: Now I no longer have to haggle with shift+deleting temporary files that litter the Hard Drive. Now they are no longer a threat. Thanks.

*downloads DOS version*

fatcatfan
01-23-2003, 10:38 PM
Originally posted by AlphaDawg
Trying to view the overworld map more than once still crashes Zelda Classic.

*squish*

(just in case anyone missed that - found and fixed)

Daarkseid
01-25-2003, 08:43 PM
Is there another way to download the support archive for 182? The one hosted on the ZC network or whatever is down.