PDA

View Full Version : Warp Ring acting up

Xyvol
01-19-2003, 01:18 AM
I had a warp ring set up in my quest, and it worked perfectly. Since then I've opened up my quest in build 163 and worked on it. Now when I go to play the game, the warp ring takes me where I want to go, but I can't move after I appear. Any ideas what the problem could be? I've checked all the settings, and they are the same as before. Is this a side effect of changing versions?

GerrardCapashen
01-19-2003, 01:28 AM
At what point can't you move? Does link (assuming link is your hero) simply walk on the same spot like if he is stuck on unwalkable tiles or does he just doesn't move at all, not even a single frame?

Xyvol
01-19-2003, 01:47 AM
Not even a single frame. He appears, and thats it. Turning on the no-walls cheat doesn't help either. The game is still running, 'cause a zora keeps poping up and shooting fireballs at him, but they don't damage him.

*SOLVED* I finally figured it out. Seems that if there's a Dmap intro for the dmap link's appearing on, it does what I described above. But if I remove the Dmap intro string, it works fine.
It worked in the last version though. This must be a bug then.

fatcatfan
01-20-2003, 12:54 AM
So lemme make sure I've got this straight, so I try to identify the offensive code. If you use a warp ring to take you into a DMAP with an intro string, link can't move. Does the string display as expected?

Xyvol
01-20-2003, 03:36 AM
Yes, the string displays. Everything acts as normal, except Link won't unfreeze when the string dissapears. Of course, this is only if he's going to that dmap for the first time. After I had figured this out, I was going through this thread: AZC ongoing Beta reports (http://www.armageddongames.com/showthread.php?threadid=52109&perpage=25&pagenumber=2) and found the following under the update about build 165.

Fixed (for real, this time, I hope) the bug that makes DMap intro strings not show up sometimes, show up more than once, freeze Link and not unfreeze him, etc.

I think that means the problem has been fixed in the newest version, but I don't know. I don't have anything higher than build 163.
That's all the info I know.

Also, when I cheat and give myself the triforce pieces, then use the whistle to warp to a new area, when Link is taken to the new screen, the Dmap info string displays and dissapears, but Link is invisable when the whirlwind drops him off. He can move around, but will stay invis untill he dies. Don't know if this is related to the other problem, or if it's been fixed in a later version.