PDA

View Full Version : bushes, bosses, triggers...oh my!

idontknow
01-18-2003, 08:00 PM
first off, my bushes are no longer working correctly!...the undercombo is set as its suppossed to be and the combo is set to bush and the leaves appear as normal when slashed; however, the combo tile itself does not change!...it doesn't use the undercombo!.i check the layers and there's nothing wrong with em!...whats goin on!? ahh!...hehehe...this happens with all slash & slash-->item combos too on all screens!..

secondly, i'm not too sure how to do this but i wanted to make a "dirty river" on part of my overworld...(you'll see what i mean when i finally finish this quest, if i ever do; i was hoping not to give this away) and then after defeating the appropriate dungeon boss, the river (via secret flags 16-32, triggers, and the "enemy-->secrets" screen flag) will turn into a clean, blue river and a door will open...which leads you to a prize. i made this part of the overworld a seperate dmap (still overworld type though) with the same level # as the dungeon with the boss, level 1 (which is a dungeon type). I linked this part using scrolling warps and thats all fine. Cheating, i beat the boss & tested out the secrets...the secrets don't trigger!...are triggers "defeated" when bosses of the same level # but different dmaps are defeated?...does it work on all dmap types, including overworld, or just dungeons?...i am positive about all the features (triggers enemies being placed correctly, the enemy-->secrets screen flag, the boss flag; the level #s; the dmap types, etc.) any help would be much appreciated as always!...thanks!

blckscab
01-18-2003, 09:30 PM
my bushes are no longer working correctly!...the undercombo is set as its suppossed to be and the combo is set to bush and the leaves appear as normal when slashed; however, the combo tile itself does not change!...it doesn't use the undercombo!.i check the layers and there's nothing wrong with em!...whats goin on!? ahh!...hehehe...this happens with all slash & slash-->item combos too on all screens!..

This problem happened to me to when I got 182.
Im sure that it is a bug.:eyebrow:
The way I fixed it was to bin it and start from a backup file. But I ony did that becase this happened as soon as I updated SI from 163 to 182. So soz, I dont know how to fix it unless you want to start from the begining again, which I dont recomend until we a certain ewhat the problem is.

[off topic]
Weeeeee!!! 800 posts!:D

C-Dawg
01-18-2003, 10:23 PM
Several possible problems with the boss flag issue.

1) Remember, SECRETS NEVER TRIGGER ON THE FIRST SCREEN YOU ENTER ONTO A DMAP. So if you're trying to trigger a secret on a screen to warp link to the purified water, it must be one at least two screens into the dmap it is on.

2) Check all your enemies->Secret, boss flags, and trigger enemies. Again. Repeatedly.

3) Send the quest file to someoen who knows what they are doing and let them handle it. Don't worry, you're not revealing anything interesting- everyone already knows how to do what you're trying.

-C

idontknow
01-18-2003, 11:26 PM
i did check...like 10 times and yes, the screen with the secret flags is several screens from the start of the dmap but its an overworld type so maybe thats it...also, i just noticed that there might be a bug w/ the compass, map, & boss key...i think that they only work for the particular dmap that you get them on rather than having them work on all dmaps with the same level # as it originally was...as far as the slash combos, that really sucks...was this reported already...

Petoe
01-21-2003, 09:09 AM
1) Remember, SECRETS NEVER TRIGGER ON THE FIRST SCREEN YOU ENTER ONTO A DMAP. So if you're trying to trigger a secret on a screen to warp link to the purified water, it must be one at least two screens into the dmap it is on.

:odd: What? In which build? I got the secrets to trigger in my quest when I changed trigger enemies to fire enemies in build163. And I have many secrets triggering on the first screen when you enter onto a Dmap. So please don't say that this doesn't work in the new build182! :confuse2: