PDA

View Full Version : Mp3 -> Mod

blckscab
01-18-2003, 03:49 PM
Is there a way to turn MP3s into a MOD or any other files that zc can use?:confuse2: :confused:

[note]
I wasnt sure were to put this so I put it here:D

Dart Zaidyer
01-18-2003, 05:34 PM
Nope. Mods are fundamentally different than MP3's. An MP3 is a single long sound file, a Mod is like midi with it's own sound effects for instruments. Plus, I don't think you can't import an MP3 file as a Mod Sample anyway.
Even if you did it as a wav file it would be too huge...

blckscab
01-18-2003, 09:22 PM
*Sigh* Oh well :(
I had a few good mp3s that I wanted to use in zc...

VEL
01-18-2003, 10:15 PM
Some people have said that it can be done, and that they have done it, I think it was at ZCN that they were talking about it, but that thread doesn't exist anymore, since the board moved and all the topics were lost.

MottZilla
01-19-2003, 05:34 AM
The thing is, a MP3 is a raw stream of audio samples, not organized in an order to be played more than once, like a mod.

Often composers will make music in a tracker program (so it's a mod), and then when ready to distrobute they make a nice MP3 out of it.

So ya, the process doesn't work backwards. You best bet would be to resequence the music.

PolygonX8
01-19-2003, 07:00 PM
i'm not sure if you can convert them. But, I have a little bad news... It seems an MP4 file is being made. What it does is that people are mad because we're downloading their songs from programs like Morpheus and not paying for the album. The MP4 prevents this. I'm not sure how but it does. This isn't a rumor. It's a fact. Do not get the MP4 format, and if you do, delete it.

Ich
01-19-2003, 09:26 PM
I don't think you can do it easily, if at all.

Jigglysaint
01-19-2003, 10:19 PM
Originally posted by PolygonX8
i'm not sure if you can convert them. But, I have a little bad news... It seems an MP4 file is being made. What it does is that people are mad because we're downloading their songs from programs like Morpheus and not paying for the album. The MP4 prevents this. I'm not sure how but it does. This isn't a rumor. It's a fact. Do not get the MP4 format, and if you do, delete it.

I really don't care as all the music I would ever want to possibly listen to are either too old to be converted into mp4 or it's .spc or some other game music.

Verman
01-20-2003, 05:22 PM
Any copy-protection software they make will always have a crack made for it before that said software even comes out to the general public....

I can't count how many times my roommates had the crack for a game before the game was even released in the stores...

Anything will be like this...its life.

MottZilla
01-21-2003, 02:00 AM
Or you could play the file while using a sound capture program and thus capture it and encode to mp3.

Daarkseid
01-21-2003, 03:16 AM

MP4s are music files that are encoded in another compression format, and the files produced come with their own decoders, meaning that the MP4 file can be played without the need of a codec. Some company releases music in this format, and since it hasn't really caught on, it is mostly obscure. The MP4s are also only MP4s by name only, they're not true Mpeg Layer-IVs.

The true Mpeg Layer-IV not only compresses sound, but video and 3d environments. It is also heavily controlled by the companies that own stock in it(that is, the companies that jointly developed it). So yes, if you do get some kind of media file that is encoded in Mpeg Layer-IV, chances are, you won't be able to view it unless you have an encoder. And the licensing on encoders is supposed to be expensive.

But then again, I'm going off of 3 year old info. I'm not entirely sure how the development of the Mpeg Layer IV has gone since then.