PDA

View Full Version : Whats Diff.

SSJDragon420
01-18-2003, 03:46 AM
Ok I wanna know whats the differance between just hitting the space bar and doing alt+0160... There IS a differance I just can't figure it out, I've done it on B.net channels and if you put a space with the space bar its differant than if you put in a space with alt+0160. :confuse2:

Starkist
01-18-2003, 03:55 AM
Maybe it is in case your space bar is broken. :shrug: Alt-0160 is the alternate key for the spacebar in case you were wondering. All the keys have alt keys.

SSJDragon420
01-18-2003, 04:48 AM
Alt+32 is a alternate space but according to B.net when I use space in lets say a channel name and than I use a alt+0160 it is 2 differen't channels, My friend on there showed me this code and I dought his space bar is broken too, Also I showed a bunch of other people and they didn't it too, I dought everyone on B.net has broken space bars... Alt+1 to 255 are all differen't alt codes, after that they restart again some do nothing but they count, I havn't figured out the ones that start with zero yet, The space code is the only one I know of that is differen't than any other alt code that starts with 1-9, If you play warcraft or starcraft you should understand what I'm talking about easier, Create a channel with a space in it, than create a channel with the alt+0160 code, ask someone to come to your channel but don't tell them that you put in the 0160 code and they won't be able to get in, Or a easier way to tell is to go to channel clan yourb.netname and you should be a moderator to the channel, than go to channel clan yourb.netname but instead of using the space bar use 0160, When you get there you won't be the mod for the channel. BTW you have to do the /channel thingy on starcraft cause it won't let you use 0160 in the other channel thing.

I know it sounds confusing but thats why I'm asking.

Starkist
01-18-2003, 05:44 AM
Interesting.

The Savior
01-18-2003, 12:45 PM
Perhaps it's a non-breaking space. Say you put the special space in between "in" and "the" and in would normally be on line one, while "the" would wrap to line two. Since you put the special space in, both words would be on line two. Just an idea. :shrug:

SSJDragon420
01-18-2003, 05:00 PM
Stranger is when you put alt+0160 as a space in AGN it comes out a underscroll on the actual post but in the box where your putting your message its just a space...

Ex. #1 with 0160 #2 with space bar

1. In_the

2. In the

It appears differant in some places I guess...