PDA

View Full Version : TMNT games announced - Oct 2003 (GC, PS2, PC, GBA)

Mak-X
01-17-2003, 06:40 PM
http://gamespot.com/gamespot/stories/news/0,10870,2908961,00.html

Konami is developing them. Hope they're as good as the old ones (and I think Konami always did a good job with the TMNT games. They did all of the TMNT games in the arcade and for home consoles)

Beldaran
01-17-2003, 07:27 PM
There must be something I don't know about the relationship between Microsoft and Konami. Why is there to be no Xbox port?

jman2050
01-17-2003, 07:31 PM
Maybe because Konami is a Japanese company and Microsoft is an American company? If that isn't it (which I doubt it is), then I don't know.

Mak-X
01-17-2003, 07:39 PM
Maybe just no TMNT on Xbox just yet, and they're focusing on PC, GCN, PS2, and GBA first. I guess they could port the PC version to Xbox eventually right?

Dr. Mutagen
01-18-2003, 01:01 AM
IT'S ABOUT TIME!!!! :D I'm pumped to see what this is like!! I loved all the other TMNT games.

SSJDragon420
01-18-2003, 02:46 AM
The way it sounds is it may be a kinda 1v1 Fighting game since theres a versus mode but thats just how it looks to me... I kinda hope it isn't cause it would get boring fast.

Dr. Mutagen
01-18-2003, 12:18 PM
I think they had something like that in TMNT 4: Turtles in Time for SNES. Yeah, that would suck if it was just a fighting game, although Tournament Fighters for SNES was pretty cool.

Kairyu
01-18-2003, 04:15 PM
Please be a 4-Player brawler, please be a 4-Player brawler, please be a 4-Player brawler, please be a 4-Player brawler, please be a 4-Player brawler, please be a 4-Player brawler, please be a 4-Player brawler.....

It's not gonna be on the X-Box because it's not a "Kiddie" system. That's my guess.

christiankhs
01-18-2003, 05:13 PM
i prefer a plataform/adventure game of turtles , not a fighting game.
tmnt 2 for nes and 4 snes very cool ones , the fist game was strange and hard but pretty cool too . tmnt 3 wasnt by konami i didnt like it too much

Dr. Mutagen
01-18-2003, 09:08 PM
Originally posted by christiankhs
i prefer a plataform/adventure game of turtles , not a fighting game.
tmnt 2 for nes and 4 snes very cool ones , the fist game was strange and hard but pretty cool too . tmnt 3 wasnt by konami i didnt like it too much

Uh.. I'm pretty sure that TMNT 3 WAS by Konami. Anyway, I think that it would be cool if the new game was in the traditional arcade style.

Mak-X
01-18-2003, 10:30 PM
Konami made TMNT 1 for NES, The Arcade Game, TMNT 2: The Arcade Game (under the Ultra games label), TMNT 3: The Manhatten Project, Turtles in Time (arcade), TMNT 4: Turtles in Time... and just about every Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtle game you've played was made by Konami.

Dr. Mutagen
01-18-2003, 10:41 PM
Wasn't TMNT 1 made by Ultra? I think Ultra was some kind of branch company of Konami way back when.

Mak-X
01-18-2003, 10:49 PM
Ultra was like a sub company of Konami. During the NES days, Nintendo only allowed third parties to publish so many games per year, because they had hoped that since they'd only be able to sell so many games, they'd take the time and make them good. To get around this limit, Konami created Ultra so they could publish more games each year. So Ultra really was Konami.

SSJDragon420
01-18-2003, 11:10 PM
Originally posted by Kairyu
Please be a 4-Player brawler, please be a 4-Player brawler, please be a 4-Player brawler, please be a 4-Player brawler, please be a 4-Player brawler, please be a 4-Player brawler, please be a 4-Player brawler.....

It's not gonna be on the X-Box because it's not a "Kiddie" system. That's my guess.

If it's on the PC than that makes X-Box kiddie...

christiankhs
01-19-2003, 12:34 AM
Originally posted by Dr. Mutagen

Uh.. I'm pretty sure that TMNT 3 WAS by Konami. Anyway, I think that it would be cool if the new game was in the traditional arcade style.

yes it is sorry
but that game wasnt good as others, i though that konamy didnt make it.

MottZilla
01-19-2003, 05:48 AM
Actually, if Konami doesn't like Microsoft/Xbox, it's likely because of the fact that it's an American company. You may think, oh no, it couldn't be that, not in this day and age, but, apparently, Castlevania Ressurection for Dreamcast was being made by a USA team and ended up getting canned why? Because the japanese were upset/jealous/being bitches about it.

So I wouldn't rule out that being why. But then again, MGS2 is there. However, that sort of falls under a different category and is fitting for the Xbox.

Dr. Mutagen
01-19-2003, 03:33 PM
Originally posted by christiankhs

yes it is sorry
but that game wasnt good as others, i though that konamy didnt make it.

TMNT 3 was really cool IMO. Basically because it has the arcade feel to it, just like its predecessor and its successor. Beating the living crap out of those Foot Soldiers is a huge stress reliever. So if you've had a bad day, take it out on the Foot Soldiers! :whap: You can cheat in that game too.

Kairyu
01-20-2003, 12:18 PM
Originally posted by Mak-X
Ultra was like a sub company of Konami. During the NES days, Nintendo only allowed third parties to publish so many games per year, because they had hoped that since they'd only be able to sell so many games, they'd take the time and make them good. To get around this limit, Konami created Ultra so they could publish more games each year. So Ultra really was Konami.

They should make that a law. Maybe we wouldn't get so many games that make people actually vomit.

MottZilla
01-21-2003, 01:29 AM
That's short sighted. You wouldn't want to make any such law. However it is a good policy for a developer, however I think Nintendo is the only one that may hold such a view, as Sony and Microsoft see volume not quality as most important.