PDA

View Full Version : Nigga

BebyGoku
01-17-2003, 06:05 PM
Alright i just moved to Oklahoma not to long ago. I lived in a small uhhh i dont know what it was called in texas. But we had very few black people maybe like 3 and they were more white than black. So anyway i got a new school and all and there are tons of black people. And they say nigga all the time like its just a normal word in there vocabulary. So we started reading huck finn in english and they say nigger allot in that book and all the black kids were getting ohh say offensive. So im confused whats the difference between a white person calling a black person a nigger and a black person calling another black person a nigga:confuse2:

Lone Wolf
01-17-2003, 06:47 PM
If your black, the word is yours, if your white, your a racist. :shrug:

Beldaran
01-17-2003, 07:17 PM
It's similair to how a parent can call his kid a stupid brat, but if the next door neighbor comes over and calls the kid a stupid brat, the father gets angry and punches the neighbor.

matthew986
01-17-2003, 07:27 PM
You just noticed that? All you can do is create your own word to use and confuse them.

Maverik X
01-17-2003, 07:54 PM
It's degradory(sp?) if a white person refers to a black (or, if you prefer, African American) person, mainly because whites have been using the term in a degradory(sp?) manner for literally hundreds of years. Don't ask me why it's ok for black people to use it. I'm just a white Italian-American with no connections.

Fiyerstorm
01-17-2003, 08:35 PM
LOL!

Oh gosh.....

Down here (Louisiana)...I'm a nigga, you're a nigga, yo momma's a nigga. We all are niggas. I'm Spanish but I say "Whazzup Nigga?" to some of my black friends and they don't mind.

But that's down here... :B

3-Headed Monkey
01-17-2003, 08:45 PM
In some areas that are mostly black (I know a teacher that used to work in a black school) it's actually offensive to call someone "black". Like, they would tell on each other saying something like "Teacher! He called me black!" That's kind of confusing to me, but I think the people in that area have sort of dug themselves into some strange hole. (It's also a crime-ridden area.)

And before someone tries to read something into this that isn't there, I'm not offending anyone. I have a feeling someone will.

Fatty Lumpkin
01-17-2003, 08:53 PM
There are 3 black kids in my school. Only one says nigga. But if anyone else says it, he goes to a teacher and complains.

moocow
01-17-2003, 08:59 PM
HAHA, I remember my friend Garret last year, would say "You only say that cause I'm black" and the person he's talking to wouldn't know he's just kidding, and be like "NO I DIDN'T!"

BebyGoku
01-17-2003, 09:43 PM
LOL thats funny......but i still dont understand it. I bet if i walked up to a black person and said what up my nigga i would get shot bye like 5 black people that just herd me say it. Its confussing....just to let ya know im not racist

Rafnul
01-17-2003, 09:49 PM
It's strange that I'm not in the least offended by the term "cracker", but the instant I say "nigger" I have to deal with people getting offended.

When in reality, they are both simply creative ways of identifying skin color. "Negro" is spanish for black. And well... Crackers are white. It's intention that pisses people off. If you are saying it in a friendly way, they shouldn't care...

Bah, I'm not black so I wouldn't know, I guess.

AlexMax
01-17-2003, 10:22 PM
Originally posted by Fiyerstorm
Down here (Louisiana)...I'm a nigga, you're a nigga, yo momma's a nigga. We all are niggas.

After reading that, I proceeded to roll on the floor laughing my ass off. I would quote that in my siggy, but I don't want to give newcomers any bad ideas.

3-Headed Monkey
01-17-2003, 10:35 PM
It amazes me that people find reasons to be offended. They don't actually care, they just want to make people mad. People who get angry when someone says "black" instead of "African-American" or "he" instead of "he or she" (which, "he or she" is actually grammatically incorrect, and I learned that from my female English teacher), anyone who gets offended by that, IMHO, is just either being way to idealistic or just trying to get mad at things with no real reason.

Rafnul
01-17-2003, 10:44 PM
I'll stop calling female mailmen "mailMEN" when people stop calling the United States a Democracy. Its the same issue. We are a race of men, being made up of men and women. We are a democratic country, being made up of democrats, republicans, and countless others.

So really... yeah I agree that people just want to get mad for no reason.

3-Headed Monkey
01-17-2003, 10:48 PM
Well... technically the United States is a Representative Republican Democracy. Or, at least that's what some people call it. Or some people just call it a Representative Republic. I don't actually know which is correct... I keep hearing different people contradict other people. The most important part with our Electoral College system and our congress is the Representative part, I suppose.

But, that's a totally different issue, and not really important. And I may have totally misunderstood what you said.

Sub-Zero
01-17-2003, 11:16 PM
Originally posted by Beldaran
It's similair to how a parent can call his kid a stupid brat, but if the next door neighbor comes over and calls the kid a stupid brat, the father gets angry and punches the neighbor.

I really like what you're saying...that really makes sense when ya say it that way....but i mean, i thought we were supposed to be one big family...somebody doesnt seem to want to cooperate for the most part though....

Blonde799
01-18-2003, 02:50 AM
Well, I call my AA friends my dogs, since they're just as horny as such.:laughing:

SSJDragon420
01-18-2003, 03:24 AM
How about get friendly with a black person and simply... ask?
Maybe I'm wrong but If you know em well they shouldn't be offended if you just ask them.