PDA

View Full Version : Layering

TheGeepster
01-17-2003, 04:22 PM
Are there any posts on how to do layering? The Beta quests I've looked at seem to do it well, but it's been a while since I've really toyed around with ZC, and I just recently got Beta 163.

Once I get the hang of the new features and toys since 1.90 stable, I ought to do OK and might even post a decent quest. .

:confuse2: :eyebrow:

Update: I seem to have a little bit of a handle on it. Layers 1 & 2 are under Link, Layers 3-7 are overhead. Still toying with it until I get the hang of it.

Zaggarum
01-17-2003, 06:33 PM
I think I will just tell you. Its not hard. All you do is make a screen you want, go to another screen and completely fill it with clear tiles. Next, put the tiles you want to appear on the other screen on the screen full of clear tiles. For example create a 2x2 tree, but only the two bottom tiles on screen you will walk on, and then on the layer screen put the top 2 tiles where they would be if they were on the walking sceen. Follow? Next make sure you are on the walking screen when you go to layers on the data menu.

OK here, on the map #, put the map that the layer screen is on, and then put the screen number under it. Then you should have a screen with the layer on the walk screen. Hope that makes sense. Make sure you do this when you are on the screen you want Link to walk on.