PDA

View Full Version : Nothing can stop us now.

AlexMax
01-17-2003, 03:22 PM
Apparently, DDRMAX USA did so well that Konami of America is following up with a sequel only a few months after DDRMAX's release.

DDRMAX2 Dance Dance Revolution™
Release date: Fall 2003
Genre: Music
Platform: Sony PlayStation® 2

Get your dancing shoes on and pump up the volume! Konami's dancing revolution rolls on with the release of DDRMAX2™ for Sony PlayStation® 2. Now offering players a whole new library of unforgettable licensed and exclusive songs for the U.S., DDRMAX2 includes all-new high-energy play modes and an enhanced interface. Players will still have to stay on their toes as all of the standard game modes and the ever-challenging Workout Mode return!

http://www.konami.com/usa/releases_gamers.shtml#

Haters can say what they want, DDR is not going away anytime soon, and with DDR Extreme just released in Japanese arcades there is no indication of it slowing down. DDRMAX2 shouold be avalable for the PS2 in Fall 2003.

3-Headed Monkey
01-17-2003, 05:19 PM
I just don't get it... but, there's no reason for me to stop it, so play on.

Beldaran
01-17-2003, 05:48 PM
I am quite bad at DDR. I played at the mall with a freind and I consistently botched every attempt at completeing any difficulty beyond totally easy.

I also feel self conscious girating on an electronic pad at the mall, where there are a multitude of attractive females whom I would prefer didn't see me do this.

AlexMax
01-17-2003, 10:51 PM
"Tottally Easy" is actually pretty good. Hell, when I played DDR the first time I couldn't pass a 4 footer on Basic. Quite sad.

But at least you tried it and (seemed to) not totally hate it because you sucked (no flame etc. intended), thats more than some people can say.

Beldaran
01-17-2003, 11:44 PM
Originally posted by AlexMax
But at least you tried it and (seemed to) not totally hate it because you sucked (no flame etc. intended), thats more than some people can say.

I didn't hate it at all. I just felt a little awkward. If I had one in my room or something, I might play it. Though it defies logic, I still feel less comfortable doing something like that out in the open. Perhaps I am a victim of social discomfort in that arena. So be it.

It's a pretty interesting game, though.

Thunderbird
01-18-2003, 02:46 AM
I don't think it is ever intended for players to pass 4 footers on their first try at the game. I see a lot of newer players come close to failing one footers.

There are 4 domestic versions already out: DDR USA, Disney Mix and Konamix are all for the PSX. DDR MAX (the best one so far IMO) is PS2. You can get a pad relatively cheaply, but don't expect it to last too long without modding it (I'm probably gonna duct tape my pads to plywood soon).

El Oso Verde
01-18-2003, 03:31 AM
Yeah, the learning curve for most of the DDR games is pretty steep.
I can do the simple ones with obvious patterns, but when they start giving you a pattern to each arrow that aren't synchronized I get thrown off.

Then again, soft pads do kind of suck. I've never really played it in the arcade due to the same ailment Beldaran experiences.
(I think it might be "White guys can't dance syndrome") http://users3.ev1.net/~fontlady/nick/smileys/mmlaughing.gif

Raynachu
01-18-2003, 12:50 PM
Not to say that I'm any good at DDR....

But I've played both an arcade version and the soft pad version. The soft pad is much more difficult because it seems as if the signals don't go through sometimes, or the pad slips and your footing gets off. But I don't like the arcade version because then people watch me make a fool of myself. :tongue: