PDA

View Full Version : Porting 152 to 163, problems...

DarkFlameWolf
01-17-2003, 03:52 AM
Okay, I know how to fix door combos and such for various wall types when porting a quest from 152 to 163. I know how to reset some undercombos and secret combos on screens. But when using Cset 5 color on the tile on a secret stair combo marked with the yellow box and a flag 9, the normally bright blue tile appears blantantly yellow. How can I get this to be blue again? That's the only problem I have when porting my quest so far.

EDIT: BLAH, I need someone to come in here and just fix this for me. I want the tile warps to be blue, I want the secret staircases under bushes to be their normal green and grey stair color. (unless they are in the desert or mountains, then grey for their stairs and light brownish. It appears that both are links on cset 13. Or whatever the one I'm thinking of. Which makes things really tricky and complicated for me. And I have no clue how to fix it. I'm lost and I need someone to help.
This quest is depending on this getting fixed, otherwise, this will have to be postponed until it does get fixed. The quest is complete except for some testing and fixing this. Plith, lend a hand again? :-/

DarkFlameWolf
01-17-2003, 12:32 PM
okay, in the main palette, I found an entire row of yellowish colors. I simply copied cset 5 into cset 13 (cset 5 was all bluish colors) and it fixed those blue stair (flag 9) tiles like a charm.
However, another problem has arisen, for things OTHER than blue warp tiles, like stairways into secrets hidden under bushes and stuff. Well...it seems that when I slash the bush, the staircase appears all bluish now. blarg...can't seen to get anything right. So how can I make them both appear normally? I looked at the undercombo and stair combo, everything should be in order palette wise, but alas, its not so, any help?

EDIT: BLAH, I need someone to come in here and just fix this for me. I want the tile warps to be blue, I want the secret staircases under bushes to be their normal green and grey stair color. (unless they are in the desert or mountains, then grey for their stairs and light brownish. It appears that both are links on cset 13. Or whatever the one I'm thinking of. Which makes things really tricky and complicated for me. And I have no clue how to fix it. I'm lost and I need someone to help.
This quest is depending on this getting fixed, otherwise, this will have to be postponed until it does get fixed. The quest is complete except for some testing and fixing this. Plith, lend a hand again? :-/