PDA

View Full Version : Castlevania: Aria of Sorrow

Mak-X
01-16-2003, 10:31 PM
http://gamespot.com/gamespot/filters/products/media/0,11100,589456,00.html

http://gamespot.com/gamespot/filters/products/screenindex/0,11104,589456,00.html

http://www.classicgaming.com/castlevania/new.htm

vegeta1215
01-16-2003, 11:29 PM
Another Castlevania for GBA! Woohoo!

I hope this one has more replay value than Harmony of Dissonance did. It was too easy and too short. One of those pages said the story takes place in the future, like 2035 or something. That might be interesting :)

Dr. Mutagen
01-16-2003, 11:48 PM
A Castlevania game that takes place in the future? That's definitely new! Is there a Belmont involved, or is some other vampire killer gonna steal the show?

El Oso Verde
01-17-2003, 03:52 AM
The main character is a high school student. Apparently, there are no futuristic elements involved, since it still takes place in the castle. I did, however, see a screenshot of the player using some sort of laser beam attack, I could have mistaken it though, damn tiny screenshots.

Kairyu
01-17-2003, 09:50 AM
"Soma," huh? Well, I THINK he's wearing some sorta cloak or something... It looks like you can steal abilities from enemies and use them as weapons or for trading... Looks fun, I'd love to try sending Flea Men jumping everywhere but on me for a change... He's doing a "Jesus" impersination in one of those shots, walking on water seems like a neat ability... And it looks like that disturbing freak of nature, Legion/uhh.... I forget his SotN name, but it looks like he's back.

Edit: *#$%!!! There's also gonna be a PS2 Castlevania game... if it's the RoB remake, and it's only on PS2...

MottZilla
01-17-2003, 03:35 PM
3 CV games would be weird on 1 system, however, GBA is going to have a extremely long lifetime compared to consoles.

Also, I supposed it's easier to reuse the same engine to make 2 more games ya know? Certainly makes development costs go down.

Kairyu
01-17-2003, 03:43 PM
Mott, was that sarcasm? I can't tell. (Seriously.)

I remembered his name! Granfalloon! So Granfalloon is back, which is sorta okay because he is friggin disturbing, but a really tough boss battle... Or am I thinking of Garamoth? I just remember hating that room in both castles, so...

Warlock
01-17-2003, 05:03 PM
Awww.. no forward dash :( That was one of the fun things to do in HoD, just dashin' around the castle and doin' the moonwalk and crap :D haha.. At least you can backwards dash still, but that's not as useful.

vegeta1215
01-17-2003, 05:27 PM
Originally posted by Warlock
Awww.. no forward dash :( That was one of the fun things to do in HoD, just dashin' around the castle and doin' the moonwalk and crap :D haha.. At least you can backwards dash still, but that's not as useful.

Yeah, the dash was cool.

You know what is really neat about HoD that I didn't notice for a while? The kind of cape you have determines the color of the shadow trail you leave behind when you dash. I thought it was always blue, but when I got the emerald cape I got a green trail, the blood cape made a badass dark red trail, and the best cape (can't remember the name) leaves this black transparent like trail...very cool.

The forward dash was good for quickly getting around the castle, but I thought the backwards dash was VERY handy when fighting monsters. I'd run up and slash a bit, and right before the enemies would swing at me, I'd back dash to get out of harms way, then quickly dash back in to continue pummeling them :D

Dracula
01-18-2003, 01:28 PM
Hehehe... You're all gonna call me a fucking liar here, but I knew about this game for quite a while... Why I didn't tell you people, is because I was involved with this game... I sent in a letter to Konami of America, saying my idea of how Castlevania should have a drastic change... I gave them three ideas... One of them, being a Castlevania game taking place in the future... The other, two, oh... we MIGHT know sometime in the future ;)... Anywho, I told them to foward this to the Castlevania team... Now, I know, it seems like this is something a mindless fan would do, but I expected another letter back... Well, it took a while... And Konami of America sent me a letter... My ideas were, in fact, fowarded... What is the proof of how I'm not lying? HELLO? KONAMI IS MAKING THE GAME!!!

KingArthur
01-18-2003, 03:39 PM
No, all that proves is that you looked at the preview of the game and claimed that the future thing was your idea. If you want to try and PROVE it you're gonna hafta show us the letters, and then tell us yer name so we can see it in the credits when the game comes out.

Kairyu
01-18-2003, 03:53 PM
It's my understanding that it's against the law to accept suggestions from outside, though... Lawyers get angry when that happens.

Dracula
01-18-2003, 04:05 PM
Konami's had this idea since Bloodlines... It's not like I told them the whole storyline and how the gameplay mechanics are gonna work... Hell, I know as much about the game as anyone else does. I've had other relations with Konami, so its not like I'm completely anomymous to them... It's not my original idea... Konami, having the idea for years, is one thing... Actually making this idea come true, it's another... That's what my letter was...

Kairyu
01-18-2003, 04:10 PM
There's not too much point in setting the game in the future if there aren't at least a FEW technological weapons...

MottZilla
01-19-2003, 05:56 AM
Giving away ideas for free isn't always a good idea. ;p Not in this world.

Anyways, I certainly will like to see this 3rd CV game, although I'll tell you now I won't buy it for along time. Side effect of no$syndrome.

Maverick_Zero
01-19-2003, 10:54 PM
Hmm, how futuristic, far future, or modern, now type future time?

This does, however, look cool.
In one screen, it looks the guy's using a shotgun of some sort, swesome.

Kairyu
01-20-2003, 12:13 PM
Originally posted by Mottzilla
Giving away ideas for free isn't always a good idea. ;p Not in this world.

Anyways, I certainly will like to see this 3rd CV game, although I'll tell you now I won't buy it for along time. Side effect of no$syndrome.

Man, you've got No$ Syndrome too? That thing seems to be the most common affliction world-wide among people... I had a bad bout myself right up until Christmas, actually...

mrz84
01-20-2003, 01:20 PM
looks like a worthy sequel to me. :kawaii: