PDA

View Full Version : Zquest in a window

Grasshopper
01-16-2003, 04:52 PM
Is there any way to run zquest windowed?

fatcatfan
01-16-2003, 05:45 PM
zquest-w.exe -windowed

DJM
01-17-2003, 08:04 AM
I think I have that but it still dosnt open in a new window, instead it just fills the screen.

Dark Nation
01-17-2003, 08:49 AM
You're running the Windows version, right?

DJM
01-17-2003, 10:20 AM
Thats what I downloaded.

Dark Nation
01-17-2003, 11:28 AM
Odd. What are your computer specs?

Verbatim
01-17-2003, 12:39 PM
For anyone who doesn't know how to set up a shortcut to run ZC or Zquest windowed, right click on Zelda-w.exe (or Zquest-w.exe, if you want it for Zquest), drag it to a new location (using the right mouse button), release the button, and choose "create shortcut" from the menu. A short-cut will appear. Right click on that shortcut, and choose properties. Click on the shortcut tab, if it's not already selected. You'll see a text box that says something like "C:\ZCBeta\zelda-w.exe"

Now, modify that line by putting a space after the quotes, followed by the -windowed, so it looks like this:

"C:\ZCBeta\zelda-w.exe" -windowed

Click "OK"

Now you have a shortcut for opening ZC windowed! You can still open it the normal way, by ckicking on the program itself, or by using a shortcut without the -windowed.

DJM: are you sure your shortcut is set up right? "I think" doesn't sound that strong to me...take a look at it to be sure.

DJM
01-17-2003, 04:01 PM
Thanks Verbatim, My shortcut WASN'T set up properly. I can now play Zelda Classic in a window.

One question, is there anyway to increase the size of the window like any other normal window?

fatcatfan
01-17-2003, 04:24 PM
zelda-w.exe can be made larger. try adding
-res 512 448 big
to the shortcut

zquest-w.exe doesn't have a decent larger mode.... yet.

Verbatim
01-17-2003, 09:41 PM
Which is, of course, a pain, since you more often want to design in a window (say, looking at the enemy positions file in a different one) than you want to play in one...

fatcatfan
01-17-2003, 09:45 PM
Because the game engine is frame driven, it is fairly simple to make it larger. ZQuest, on the other hand, is like a windows dialog. Most often, they aren't resizable, but when they are there's some mean nasty code behind it.

idontknow
01-17-2003, 09:53 PM
i know how to do this but the window is VERY SMALL!...like 1/16 the screen size!...(probably less)...how could i make it bigger?..i suggest a regular window that you could move just like a regular window & stretch & maximize & minimize...that would be sooo much better than making zquest a shortcut & adding -windowed to it....i do like this suggestion...even though you could sorta do it already, its not very good as it is

fatcatfan
01-18-2003, 12:16 AM
If you *really* want a bigger window for zquest right now, reduce your desktop resolution. Set your desktop at 640x480. Run zquest-w.exe -windowed and now it fills one-quarter of the screen (320x240). Just don't forget to change back later.