PDA

View Full Version : Graphic Design Job...

Sub-Zero
01-16-2003, 12:05 PM
My dad totally woke me up this morning with the phone up to my face...hey, its some company thats calling from the job fair! Soooo they say, hello blah blah blah...we are in search for a graphic designer for our web page and here it says that you have skills in web design.......so im like, hell yes! whoooo!!!....and she asked me what kind of experience i have in that type of thing, so i say, "Well its something I do off to the side as a hobby, I dont have any professional experience but I consider myself to be pretty good." and she says... well you're probly not the one we are looking for....GAH! I would kill people for a cool part time job like that.... *dies*

:cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

satanman
01-16-2003, 12:22 PM
damn, she could have realised that the only way to get job experience is to be hired...
I bet I'm going to have that problem looking for a job, unless I get into cambridge in a couple of years (crosses fingers and farts for no particular reason)

carrot red
01-16-2003, 01:01 PM
Why didn't you put sample addresses in your resume?
That would have counted for some kind of experience

moocow
01-16-2003, 03:05 PM
I got a call for an interview at Wal-Mart... :p

War Lord
01-16-2003, 03:33 PM
They probably want someone to do graphics only and since your skills lay more in designing a page, they were gonna look for someone who exclusively does graphics.

Dark Wolf
01-17-2003, 05:17 AM
Hah! what luck, i just got my certification as a graphic designer and desktop publishing today!

Chibs
01-17-2003, 07:33 AM
Bah... I've been down that same road before, Sub-Zero. Sorry to hear about that. :/ Better luck in the future, though.