PDA

View Full Version : Layered Secrets

Jax24
01-16-2003, 10:35 AM
Is there a way to make secrets that are layered like let's say i use the damage 2 spikes as being layered so as to be able to put them anywhere and seem real. but i want to create a path through them by lighting a torch.:confuse2: Could someone please help

Zaggarum
01-16-2003, 06:40 PM
ok you are going to need no layers. first set a secret combo as a combo tile that gives no damage. Go to flags and pick sectrect 16. (make the secet combo 16 thru 30. :shrug: don't matter.) Mke the screen with the spikes and put the torch tile on it too. oh yeah make a secret combo for a lite torch too. That goes under burn. next pick that sectret flag and put a line of flags on the screen creating a path with flags. Next put a burn flag on the torch. Thats all. Use the candle on the torch tile and there you have it! The burn flag turns into a lite torch and the path is made.

If it doesn't make sense, tell me. I will try to help out some more

idontknow
01-16-2003, 07:33 PM
um...combo effects DON'T WORK ON LAYERS! this is actually making me sorta FRUSTRATED, especially when wanting to create BOSSES & TRAPS...(like having fire traps or boss bodies each with a damage combo type on layer 2, so that its above the ground but harms link) so i suggested COMBO EFFECTS ON OTHER LAYERS...see (the post about "shooter enemies")

Zaggarum
01-16-2003, 07:46 PM
i know they don't work on layers. I said you don't need them to do what he wanted to do. Create a path when a torch is lite. use combos and flags.

idontknow
01-16-2003, 11:23 PM
i was just saying...plus, i think it is really a necessity for many neat puzzles/situations to have combo effects on other layers (at least layers 1 & 2)..plus, it makes sense to anyhow so i hope DN could implement this in the near future...this could simulate "combo mixing" (see my combo mixing theory post) by making combos in the same position on different layers, different combos. For example...have a combo on layer 1 water & in that same spot but on layer 2, have a conveyor combo...if both affected Link, then you would have a "water conveyor". This would be really awesome!

Zaggarum
01-17-2003, 12:37 AM
Actully the water combo idea is in the works. I remember DN saying something a few months back.

Jax24
01-17-2003, 10:54 AM
Thanks everyone, that really blows that we cant use flags and such on combos

Verbatim
01-17-2003, 02:59 PM
There isn't anything but combos that you can use flags on...

I think you meant to say layers...but that's not true. If you put a burn flag on an upper layer, that tile will change when a burn flag on layer zero is set off. The detection isn't there, but you can make upper layers change when a secret is set off.

Besides, what you want to do here doesn't have anything to do with layers. Just set the secret combos up, and use the corresponding flags...where it says "Secret combos 16-32", those correspond to the secret flags 16-32...so you can set up your regular floor in the first square, then put flag 16 on the spikes that you want to turn into regular floor when the secret is activated.

For the torch to set off the secret, put a burn flag on the tile of the unlit torch, and under "burn" in the secret tiles dialog, put in the combo for the lit torch. Easy as that.

Zaggarum
01-17-2003, 06:45 PM
This is where IDK and your ideas under suggestions come in Verb, don't they? It would be nice if you could use flags on layers.

idontknow
01-17-2003, 07:49 PM
you can use FLAGS on layers..i'm assuming you mean COMBOS AFFECTS on LAYERS.

Zaggarum
01-17-2003, 08:13 PM
I don't think you can use effects on layers yet. I was refiring to your idea IDK.