PDA

View Full Version : Warp question

RPGAngel
01-15-2003, 09:23 PM
I have a question about warp destinations. Sometimes, when I try to set the destination, it will misalign. Instedad of going where I tell it to, it lands in another screen. An example would be, I say screen 62 but it goes to 5B. Usually I can get it to go to the screen I want even if I have to put a different screen. But sometimes nothing will make it go where I want and I have to change things a bit. Is this a bug? Has anyone else had this problem? It's not really a big problem, just a little anoying sometimes, so I was just wondering.

Dr. Mutagen
01-15-2003, 09:52 PM
I guess this seems to be an issue with Dmap 0. My only advice would be to guesstimate where you should set the warp exit. In your case, screens 62 and 5B are seven screens apart. Set the warp ahead seven screens to screen 69. It should warp you to screen 62. I might be a little off though, but you get the drift.

idontknow
01-15-2003, 10:31 PM
if the dmap your destination is on is a dungeon/cave dmap type, then sometimes the yellow slider (you'll see what i mean when you look at the dmap editor) will misalign screens. In a row, the second digit of any screen in a dungeon map ranges from 0-7, 0 being the leftmost room next to the edge of the viewing field and 7 being the rightmost...this is a bit hard for me to explain (perhaps someone more experienced knows what i mean & could help me out in explaining)...but like lets say you have screen 1F on your main map as a part of the dmap; you won't be able to have the screen as a part of your dungeon dmap unless you go to the dmap editor and move the yellow slider so that room is within view. Then count what row that room is in (0-7..i think) and what column...so if you slide the yellow slider to the right just enough that the screen 1F is on the far right, then the screen's dungeon map coordinates will actually be 17 (since there are only 8 screens in one row in a dungeon dmap, including 0)...get it?..i know its confusing but you'll prob figure it out...have faith...perhaps in future versions, dungeons could just be the size of an overworld so we wont have to specify the dungeon's frame of view and it will just use all screens on a map? ;)

RPGAngel
01-16-2003, 11:58 PM
Um..what yellow slider are you talking about? The only time I see a yellow line is if i check the show alingnments on the options list. And I don't usually check it because I don't know what it's supposed to do. I've never had to adjust the size of my dungeons, I just do what I want and then use the dmap editor to pick what I want the map to show. I do do my dungeons a bit different though, that being one dungeon per dmap. It's easier for me in designing them. Could that have something to do with not seeing the yellow slider? Thanks for trying to help though. And the guess thing is what I usually have to do when the warp acts up, but sometimes even that won't work. At least most of the time when I have to do that it does work.

ShadowTiger
01-17-2003, 09:02 AM
Open up the Dmap menu. Choose any dmap at all. Look under the map on the lower left corner area of the dmap screen. There is a blackish map that will show what the map layout is based on the actual screens you've layed out so far. Under that black rectangle of a map type thing is a little yellow scroll bar. That isn't just for moving around the map.

Dungeons have fewer screens instead of having a much larger assignment of screens like the overworld. You're not limited vertically, but the dungeon will stop horizontally after going enough screens to the east. That little yellow bar sets the boundary on the map for the dungeons.

The reason why your warps aren't sending you to the right place is because it's not fit with the dungeon assigned place. If you move the slider to where your dungeon is, the warp assignment will follow, but you will have to set the actual numbers yourself.

In a dungeon, it could go from 00 to 07. But if you move the scroll bar even one little bit to the right, it'll go from 01 to 08. So 00 may be screen 7F on the previous map if that's the case. This, naturally, you may want to avoid. ;) I hope that helps.