PDA

View Full Version : black floor problem

Freedom
01-14-2003, 05:54 PM
Hi All,

My first post here, just started with the 190 and have a pretty complete overworld done and am getting into the levels.

I'm having a problem with link going "downstairs" when I use the tile # 49 (black) on the floors.

Couldn't find anything about this in the tutorial, or on this board, so I figure it's something really simple coupled with something I'm doing that's really stupid.

Tried several different things to correct it, like "no warp" etc.

Any suggestions?

-Freedom

CJC
01-15-2003, 05:44 PM
Check the combo to make sure that it is selected on "None." It's probably selected on cave so link will automatically enter the cave even if there is no tile warp. Also, make sure that the first box next to the graphic is all gray with no pink so that Link can walk on it. If you are using the classic tiles, I think you might have used the doors for caves as a floor, so that's probably the problem.

Freedom
01-16-2003, 12:56 AM
Cjc,

Thanks for responding, I'll check that out.
Yes, I did use the door, tile #49 as the tutorial said to.
where is there another black tile?

I also have one other problem.
All my level (dungeon) maps are green even though the dungeons themselves are different colors.
I'm refering to the small map in the lower left hand corner when you are adding new dungeons to the second map.
It makes it hard to tell one dungeon from the other.
I noticed on several other examples that theirs are colored, so you can planely see the different dungeon maps.

any Idea how to fix this.

My overworld is complete except for dumping in the enemies, and I'm on the forth dungeon.

It's the 190 version, and I started the quest from scratch following the tutorial step by step.

Freedom
01-19-2003, 10:45 PM
I still can't get a black floor to work.
The tutorial says tile #49 and that's what I'm using, but it makes link want to go down stair that aren't there.

I clicked "no warp" on both the tile and side warps, but that only caused him to get hung up in the doorway.

Am I grabbng the #49 tile from the right place, over on the lower right side there?
It does say "cave" when I grab it, but I see no way to get it to be anything else.

Any suggestions?

:O)

Jigglysaint
01-19-2003, 11:02 PM
First of all, please edit your post if you had anythign to add and if you were the last one to post. We don't double post here FYI. Second, if you want to know what combo to use, right click a combo and see if it has a cave combo set to it, and if the second square at the top is eith gray or pink. For the caves, you want to use the combo that has no pink(they are walk flags) and has no combo selected. If it isn't tile #49, the tutuorial might be incorrect, but you want a tile that isn't a cave combo.

GerrardCapashen
01-20-2003, 12:29 AM
For your second question freedom (level color) this is quite simple, and honestly if you're like me and don't have the patience to look in the entire tutorial, you're better off posting here :) . SO to change the color of your dungeons while you are editing them, simply hit the numbers of your keyboard (1-9) to change the screen to their respective dungeon color. That's all!

Freedom
01-20-2003, 04:58 AM
First of all, please edit your post if you had anythign to add and if you were the last one to post. We don't double post here FYI.

Hi Jiggly,
I re-posted again because the thread was getting buried and I didn't want it to go ignored, notice there was a five day span between one post and the other, I wanted to bump it back up where it would get seen, it had made it to page two and was falling fast. :O)

Thanks for the Right Click" info, I hadn't thought about right clicking on them :O)

Thanks to you also Gerrard on the color heads up :O)