PDA

View Full Version : Sports junkies unite

Beldaran
01-14-2003, 02:27 AM
So what are you favorite sports video games?

Mine are the NBA Inside Drive series. I have been playing this series since version 2000 when it was only on PC. Since I LOVE basketball, I have played each of the annual releases, 2000, 2001, 2002, and 2003. One of the biggest reasons I love is because Microsoft hired Kevin Collabro and Marquis Johnson as the commentators/announcers. They are the commentators/announcers for the Seattle Sonics (I live near Seattle). The announcing is excellent and doesn't get too repetative. I just really love these games.:)

I tried Madden 2003 but football games frustrate me. I always lose.

For extreme sports, I am hooked on Amped Snowboarding, and Splashdown, both of which have had my hand pumping buttons like a madman as I rocked out to cool soundtracks. (I also use custom soundtracks)

vegeta1215
01-14-2003, 02:46 AM
I don't play alot of sports games, they don't interest me much, but there have been a few that I really enjoyed a long time ago.

The first is RBI Baseball for NES. I know what you're thinking, but it's simpicity made it so fun at the time. But, it will forever bug me how the computer winds up jumping and reaching their arms out diagonally to catch my fly ball :mad:

The next is Joe Montana Sports Talk Football II, for Sega Genesis. I don't remember much about this game, but I remember I liked it.

My all time favorite sports game would have to be NBA Hangtime. They had it in the arcade right next to the one I worked at (yeah, two arcades in one spot!), and I loved that game. It was so fun, and I made it all the way to the championship game against the Bulls with my created player. He was a little green alien guy, maxed out stats (except for height and weight), who's nickname was Hawkeye. Alley-oops, team fire...that game rocked! I might try to get a copy on N64...

deathbyhokie
01-14-2003, 11:08 AM
i've been playing alot of madden 2003. before i left home, i was also playing ncaa 2003 on my brother's x-box. for some reason i just suck at basketball games. oh and blitz is always fun

Petoe
01-14-2003, 05:31 PM
I love to play NHL games. But NHL 99 (EA) was the last good hockey game, so I'm abandoning the EA's series and waiting for Sega's NHL2K3 which might be the greatest hockey game ever. At least it should be realistic, and not that arcade crap what NHL2003 offers.

Paradox
01-15-2003, 10:53 PM
i've got some older (1999-2001 versions) NBA Live, Triple Play, and Microsoft Baseball games. i play Madden 2002-2003 most often though.