PDA

View Full Version : MGS2, finally played it a good bit..

MottZilla
01-14-2003, 01:35 AM
It's alot different than I thought it would be, although I didn't think much about it. I'm on the second part now, as Raiden.

I must say the transition between Snake and Raiden is at first really confusing.

So anyway, I just wanted to ask anyone who has MGS2 Sub (as i'm playing the original) you can play as Snake the entire time in that right? And if so, does the game really follow him and not just replace Raiden or something gay?

The only other thing, I was rather impressed with the graphical quality, though I noticed a couple times that I think the game actually [b]slowed down[/i], and the PS2 I'm using isn't even a month old. Though that may have just been a coincidence.

What neat things are there in MGS2 I may look forward too? Also, please don't spoil anything in this thread, I'm only at the begining with Raiden, and more precise, I've just gotten to meeting up with "Snake" and the bomb guy, and we are going around to disarm all the bombs.

Cronic
01-14-2003, 01:42 AM
It's a great game, and sub doesn't allow you to play as Snake during the story... instead they have five sub stories "what if" type stories... 3 of which take place in the plant.
Plus alternative missions set in all areas of the game using MGS1 Snake, Tuxedo Snake, Snake, Plissken, Raiden, Ninja Raiden, and Raiden X (You'll see him at the end) Also beat the game, and we'll talk about easter eggs.

MottZilla
01-14-2003, 01:49 AM
Hehe. Exactly who I was hoping to respond to this topic.

I suppose I'll have to get MGS2:Sub, whenever it either comes out on PS2 or PC, as I still don't have access to an Xbox.

What does the PS2 original MGS2 release have though? In the way of how long the game is, extras, etc. I'm curious. Today I enjoyed the game quite a bit, I'm played PS2 for about 3 hours. I played Vice City first but I stopped after not long, and MGS2 the rest of the time.

I suppose someday I still should buy myself my own PS2.

Cronic
01-14-2003, 01:53 AM
Get Substance for the Xbox if you want better sound and graphics, and for PS2 if you really want skatebording (not included in the box version) As for depth... many many easter eggs, and of course have you been collecting dog tags? Aside from these things and the difficulty settings there isn't much "extra" to it. Once you beat it you get a digi camera which is fun to play with, but aside from that and the items you get for tag collecting there isn't much. How ya likin VC?

MottZilla
01-14-2003, 02:08 AM
Vice City is pretty cool. Stealing the tank was annoying at first, because i kept getting stuck on things and then they can easily get to the door and arrest you.

The game in general is quite cool though. My only complaints are the targeting system can be a bit annoying, and I with there were more "freeway" or whatever, style motorcycles. It sucks when you finally get one, but you used the shotgun to kill the rider on it and you accidentally too out the tire. =(

Hehe, anyways, it's pretty cool. Really cool if you consider I didn't have to pay for it, my brother bought it. Thus far he's gotten a PS2 with Tekken Tag, an arcade style stick for tekken tag which he already broke lmao, MGS2, GTA:VC, Soul Reaver 2, and Tony Hawk 3.

The first time I tried MGS2 I didn't have the time to get into it, but the second time went very smooth and I played it for hours. =)

So there is a PS2 to Xbox controller adaptor I remember you saying... I might sometime have to get that, whenever I aqquire an Xbox.

Oh ya, I remembered, what ever happened to the scenes of the tanker flooding and Snake running, as well as in diving gear in the flooded tanker that were in some trailer I saw?

Maybe they took that out? I think I read they did, something about the hardware not keeping up with rendering it, which I can imagine.

All and all, the game is fun, although I got pissed at the take the pictures of Metal Gear part, because I didn't quite understand what I was doing. I eventually got through it.

ShyGuy0824
01-14-2003, 06:39 PM
hehe, that was a fun game, my friend loaned me his ps2 and it for a weekend, and I beat it on easy. I'd like to try a harder difficulty next time. Things to look forward to? Definitely look for some screwed up gameplay at the end, which completely makes up for the useless chatter Raiden is subject to. And the storyline, although long, is really interesting in how the characters are related.

Glad you like the game :evil:

Oh, and Vice City didn't really impress me too much, although I didn't get to play for a while. It just seemed to be more of the same to me, with a new look and feel. Which is fine though, my friend got more into it. I'm still screwing around in Eternal Darkness and Metroid Prime, so that's cool.

SSJDragon420
01-14-2003, 08:34 PM
I rented it and beat it on easy, I was thinking about buying it but than heared about MGS2: Substance and figured I should wait till it comes out on the PS2 but its taking damn near forever to get on it, is it even going on the PS2?

MottZilla
01-15-2003, 03:52 AM
Yes, MGS2:Sub is slated to be released on PC and PS2, the only reason for the delay is a business deal with microsoft so they can enjoy it as a temporary exclusive game to xbox.

Cronic
01-15-2003, 06:23 AM
Substance is good =)

Also that scene was axed for the very reason you mentioned as well as a non-playable scene in the later parts of the game had to be scrapped thanks to 9/11 -_-

Let me know when youve beaten it, and there are countless things you can do in this game ;)

MottZilla
01-16-2003, 04:20 AM
It may be awhile, as I don't always have a window of time to play line up with my actual freetime, and interest.

Cronic
01-16-2003, 04:23 AM
Find the president--That is your M...M...misssion--