PDA

View Full Version : This week's motivator: Escape

Ganonator
01-13-2003, 01:46 AM
Ever since I got back from my Christmas break from college, I've really needed some time from my life to re-evaluate, and really deeply understand my meaning.

Last week was conflict, non-destructive at that, and it put me ahead quite a bit. i figured I'd go with a new theme every week, and if I post it here, it might get some decent commentary.

This Weeks Motivator: ESCAPE

Our lives are pretty glum. We either educate ourselves or work ourselves to live on to the next day. For most, its rather monotonous, borish, and silly. Why spend all of our lives cooped up in some hole? Humans need escape. Real escape.

So how does one find escape from his or her life? Well the answer is right in front of your noses. As for the AGN crowd, you obviously like gaming, which can be a great escape. ZC, the insane AGN Arcade, or practically any other game we play is an escape, as long as we do not become a part of it.

I'm really not into questing my Quest anymore. I have become part of it, and I need an escape from it. Don't let the same thing happen to you. Where else has it affected myself? in all seriousness, I played 20+ hours to get the Snake King star in my post avatar. It was an escape. Of course, with every try, I would get worse and worse. Pitifully worse. As I left to get away, I would come back and do terrific work. Hence the star.

But back to escape, this week I want all of you to find something that you don't normally do in your daily routine. If your daily routine involves 2 hours on AGN, stay away from it for a little while. Same goes for your Gamecubes/XBoxes/PS2s. Don't touch em. Find an escape.

As for me, I'm going to try to find my place here on campus at school. A real place.

I hope you manage, and I'll see you next week.

Supporting materials:

"Office Space" movie
The Sopranos series
The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy book
"Master Labyrinth" board game
www.8march2003.com website

History:
1/6 - 1/12: Conflict
1/13 - 1/19: Escape
Future: ???

Beldaran
01-13-2003, 02:05 AM
The mind needs a break from important activity from time to time in order recharge and refresh its perspective on things. I find my work goes much more smoothly when I utterly waste my weekends watching movies and riding my bike around town.

Ganonator
01-13-2003, 10:00 PM
however, you shouldn't make a habbit out of doing the same activities in your free time - it will become a chore to do those as well

Dr. Mutagen
01-13-2003, 10:09 PM
I really need to get out and run around the neighborhood more. Track practice is gonna get here faster than I might think. :sweat: