PDA

View Full Version : Another Problem

DJM
01-12-2003, 06:40 PM
Yes thats right i have another problem, finally got Zelda Classic running (dont ask me how i did it) but know I cant seem to find the custom quests that I have downloaded.

I'm pretty sure I'm doing everything right..

Load up ZC

Type name

Press Space

Find folder that custom quests are stored in

Enjoy playing your quests!

....So far I've done everything apart from the last bit. I cant seem to find the quests I've downloaded anywhere, which is wierd as i checked that there where I put them and they are, ZC just dosnt seem to recognise them.

Also when not in ZC I checked the properties of one of the games i downloaded and it came up with this..

Name: Mysticland.qst

Type: gamespy 3d gamepack

...now i know im no expert at this but im pretty sure it shouldnt say that bit I highlighted.

2 Problems in one day...

This isnt really working out for me.

Dark Nation
01-12-2003, 08:38 PM
Zelda Classic Quests use a ".qst" extension. GameSpy also uses this extension. That's why it's saying that your quests are GameSpy 3D GamePacks. As for your quests, try saving them (make sure they aren't zipped) to the root directory of drive C (not permanently, just as a test) and see if you can see them there.

DJM
01-13-2003, 03:08 PM
No still cant see them.

On a related note, I got fed up with trying to play custom quests so i thought i would just play the original "quest one". For some reason I am unable to do this as it says it is an ivalid quest or something like that.

DJM
01-13-2003, 06:43 PM
[FONT=century gothic]OK i feel as if i'm finally getting somewhere, i can now polay almost all the quests ive downloaded, apart from some of the recent ones including Mysticland.

Zelda classic can see them ust not play them.

:confuse2:

Tudorcat
01-19-2003, 10:20 AM
Some quests can only be played on the newer versions so if you are using the 1.90 you will not be able to play some quests, what you need to do is download the newer 1.92 version of ZC. I hope this makes it all clear! And try out some of the custum made quests out there too , many of them are really good like revenge2, Altadd and DoY = )