PDA

View Full Version : Problem

DJM
01-12-2003, 12:32 PM
I'm not even sure If this topic belongs in here but I am new so dont flame me.

While surfing the 'net today, I came accross this neat program which I'm sure some of you have heard of, Zelda Classic.

After learning about the features it has I couldn't resist trying it, I followed a link to a site (the 'quest database' I think its called) and downloaded the latest version of Zelda Classic for windows. But then to my horror..

I cant open the bastard thing!

No problem, I decided to go back to the site I had found and download the DOS version. I download it and get the same problem as before.

:mad:

I get this message everytime I try to open it.

Windows cannot open this file..

File: Zelda Classic

To open this file, windows needs to know what file created it, windows can go online and find it automatically, or you can manually find it from the files on your computer.

So what the hell do I do people? please tell me this is a simple problem that can be solved with no trouble what so ever.

Before you reply though, please read the following which may help solve my problem quicker...

I have Windown XP

I have WinZip

I have tried downloading it again.

Thanks for reading.

:)

Bloodstar64
01-12-2003, 01:54 PM
First off, this problem belongs in ZCD. This form is for help with the quest editor only.

Second, go here (http://www.armageddongames.net/showthread.php?s=&threadid=66621) and download verson 1.82. I've herd that the windows verson works better for XP users. I myself use the windows verson and it works fine.

DJM
01-12-2003, 02:13 PM
Did what you said, niow im getting this message...

zelda-w.exe has encountered a problem and needs to close. We are sorry for the inconvenience.

Now what do i do!?

plith
01-12-2003, 02:23 PM
Did you make sure to download everything? Do you have ag.cfg? If not, run zquest-w.exe first. That... should.... help... I think. And I'm moving this topic into ZC Discussion.

DJM
01-12-2003, 02:42 PM
Still geting the same problem :cry:

Happyman
01-12-2003, 03:35 PM
See if you can download 1.90. The betas are unstable and don't work on quite a few computers. 1.90 is the last stable version; you may have more success with it. ;)

MottZilla
01-12-2003, 03:37 PM
Make sure your windows XP logon has full access rights. Your first post seemed like you didn't.

Next, when you install ZC, run Zquest first. Then zelda.

CJC
01-12-2003, 05:42 PM
After you download version 1.90, try taking all the files from where you have that and sticking them in the folder where you have Zelda-w. That worked for me.

DJM
01-12-2003, 05:52 PM
Originally posted by Mottzilla
Make sure your windows XP logon has full access rights. Your first post seemed like you didn't.

Next, when you install ZC, run Zquest first. Then zelda.
I dont mean to sound like an idiot but how do you do that? The access rights thing.