PDA

View Full Version : Tird of that boring old Start Menu?

texasdex
01-12-2003, 01:45 AM
Here's a way to spice up the old Start Menu with an image of a hot babe like so:

http://members.aol.com/texasdex2004/menudemo.gif

THERE IS A WAY!
If you have Windows 95 then you can't use a 256 color image, but you can still have a simpler 16 color logo. Just go to www.pcmag.com/utilities and find "DecoMenu" among the list. You may have to register to download it.

If you have Windows 98 then you can have a hot babe, 256 colors, and whatever you want. Just download DecoMenu from the above link.

If you have Windows ME then you cannot use DecoMenu. But IT IS STILL POSSIBLE! http://members.aol.com/texasdex2004/menudistro.zip is a tool for setting your start menu to one of several preset images which are included in the download and are all hot girls with too little clothing (or none at all). It is harder to use then DecoMenu, but it still works. Unfortunately it is very hard to create an image for it, so you are limited to the hotties that I rotated, resized, split, compiled, etc... The included Readme file should be sufficient.

XP: You're probably out of luck, sorry. I'm not familiar enough with XP to be sure whether my menu tool would work or not, and I discourage you from trying.

Rijuhn
01-12-2003, 01:50 AM
I think I could do that myself, but it would take a bit of resizing and cutting and stuff, and I'd much rather have a cool looking sword for my picture. :)

Dark Dude
01-12-2003, 02:21 AM
WHOA! A picture of a barely clothed women in yet another place on my computer! Just when I thought I couldn't see enough of them. Wow. This is amazing. What a great idea for all of these pathetic losers who will never see a girl in a bikini unless he goes to the beach to have a reason to jack off at night, while watching tv, or one-handedly browsing the internet. Oh, but I musn't forget the guys here who DO have girlfriends! They may be incredibly stupid and ugly as shit, BUT A GIRL SAID YES, DAMMIT!

texasdex
01-12-2003, 02:28 AM
it's more than just resizing and cropping it, you also have to split the picture into separate images, convert them into icons, and then either set the registry entries to point to individual icons instead of a single dll or compile the icons into a single dll.

Rijuhn
01-12-2003, 02:51 AM
Okay, nevermind, I don't know how to do that.

MottZilla
01-12-2003, 05:19 AM
LOL. Ya, I guess adding the logos would be a bitch then. I dunno know about you, but I try to keep cluttered crap out. It would just clutter the start bar.

Ich
01-12-2003, 11:12 AM
It's not really too bad; I had TexDex do it for me :D.

stormwatcheagle
01-12-2003, 03:10 PM
what about windows NT or 2000?

DarkSFK
01-14-2003, 07:39 PM
Originally posted by Dark Dude
WHOA! A picture of a barely clothed women in yet another place on my computer! Just when I thought I couldn't see enough of them. Wow. This is amazing. What a great idea for all of these pathetic losers who will never see a girl in a bikini unless he goes to the beach to have a reason to jack off at night, while watching tv, or one-handedly browsing the internet. Oh, but I musn't forget the guys here who DO have girlfriends! They may be incredibly stupid and ugly as shit, BUT A GIRL SAID YES, DAMMIT!

Are you alluding towards your own problems here, bud? If you are, just start a new topic. :p

BebyGoku
01-14-2003, 07:45 PM
HAHA well i dont have the time or the patience for that plus if i wanna see half naked women all i gotta do is go look in my dads pc. He has about 9gig of nothing but girls....some clothed some not.

J.J. Maxx
01-14-2003, 08:18 PM
That might be cool but I'm an XP'er so I guess I'm SOL.

Breaker
01-14-2003, 08:22 PM
Originally posted by Dark Dude
Oh, but I musn't forget the guys here who DO have girlfriends! They may be incredibly stupid and ugly as shit, BUT A GIRL SAID YES, DAMMIT!

Banned for flaming.

/me is getting quite sick of you flaming every single AGN member... -_-

AtmaWeapon
01-14-2003, 08:48 PM
/me hugs Breaker

I've got XP, but I'd pass anyway. I'm paranoid about tweaks like that, and any time my computer crashes, I blame them. Good thing XP hasn't crashed yet for me!