PDA

View Full Version : God damned router...

AlexMax
01-11-2003, 05:31 PM
I just bought a PS2 and a broadband adapter that allows internet play.

Problem is, I just found out that because of the evil way my network is set up, I can't play it. I would be able to if I was able to control the router, but there is a fuckin password on it which I don't know.

/me fumes

Go ahead DC. Say it. I'll love proving you wrong.

vegeta1215
01-11-2003, 06:19 PM
How is your network setup? What kind of router do you have?

AlexMax
01-11-2003, 06:39 PM
Linksys. I have the instructions (set up a DMZ server). I have the know-how. All I need is the password.

fatcatfan
01-11-2003, 06:50 PM
There's a way to erase the password. You'll also have to reconfigure everything, but... :shrug: Why don't you know the password, anyway? Have you tried "admin" for the password with no username?

Anywho, to reset it all, push a paperclip or similarly slim object into the reset button on the fron panel and hold it in for about 20 seconds. I don't remember exactly, but I know the red light should come on, then either blink or go off before you release the button. If you only press the button for a second, a soft reset takes place, but that doesn't reset any passwords or config settings.

gdorf
01-11-2003, 07:11 PM
Try using admin/admin. Thats the default password. I assume you know how to set it up from there.

Masamune
01-11-2003, 08:34 PM
the default pass for the router is admin. leave the username blank and put in admin as the password. i'm using a linksys router to and i can only play games like THPS3 without unplugging the router and going right to the modem. =(

AlexMax
01-11-2003, 09:32 PM
2 Problems

* It has to be the same password as it used to be, otherwise the guy doing mantinace on it might get suspicious
* IDK how it is set up now. I used to, but they changed it around...

El Oso Verde
01-11-2003, 10:20 PM
Who's router is it exactly?

fatcatfan
01-11-2003, 11:17 PM
So this isn't in your home? It isn't your own personal router? Contact the "maintenance" people if you have rights to use this coneection for playing PS2. Otherwise :shrug:

DukenukemX
01-11-2003, 11:54 PM
Originally posted by AlexMax
2 Problems

* It has to be the same password as it used to be, otherwise the guy doing mantinace on it might get suspicious
* IDK how it is set up now. I used to, but they changed it around...

Guess what I have a Linksys router too. :p There should be a whole in the front that says reset. Push it in with a paperclip and wait for the lights to turn red. Then you can do whatever you want to it.

BTW who does mantinace on a router? Do Linksys routers even need to be touched after setting it up? I haven't touched mine in years and it works fine. Except for the rare firmware updates.

gdorf
01-12-2003, 12:29 AM
BTW who does mantinace on a router? Do Linksys routers even need to be touched after setting it up? I haven't touched mine in years and it works fine. Except for the rare firmware updates.

What do these updates do? I don't think I've ever done one for my Linksys.

fatcatfan
01-12-2003, 01:25 AM
sometimes they add new features. Like Universal Plug and Play support. others fix bugs / flaws.