PDA

View Full Version : I made a few things.

ShadowTiger
01-10-2003, 11:44 AM
:shy: I posted this at CZC too. While toying around with 182 over the holiday vacation, (Long gone. :shakeno: ) and I drew a few objects. I know it was in my sig for a couple of days, but hey, who looks at sigs anyway, or so I'm told. :redface:

So I have a few lockblocks for the overworld, a custom boss key and custom boss lock, some pots that you can slash and they shatter, I have a single north door (I'll add more later) that when it opens it'll appear to animate when opening, and I have a simple template for Combo Cycling spike tiles for those of you who haven't quite gotten the hang of it yet. The spikes work pretty well too. They act pretty realistically. I've even ensured a little "safe time" when walking on them. Just set them to the same frames and animate speed. No biggie. And I've also got the ZC cartoon I made a while ago. I'm not sure if any of you have seen it yet. (Because I have no way of knowing for sure.)

The file is the most recent file in my Geocities account in my sig. I have it sorted by date. If you can't find it, just look at all the files there. And if you don't see it, remember that there are more than 16 files in there, and you can only see 16 at a time, so there's a "next" button on the bottom of all the files. Enjoy my stuff. And have a nice weekend.

idontknow
01-10-2003, 08:56 PM
i have a request...is there any chance you could redo (recolor) these using the pure dungeon pallette?...i really want these tiles but the coloration is terrible for the graphics package i'm using...good job though

Lonemind
01-11-2003, 01:30 PM
You could recolor them yourself idontknow. :)

ZeldaLord
01-11-2003, 02:30 PM
Just use the color replacer tool.

idontknow
01-11-2003, 05:34 PM
what do you mean by "the color replacer tool"?...its kind of hard to explain but its too difficult to color myself...i tried, but it didn't really match my dungeon...also, when you make the door open as they do, won't it show the door opening every time you enter that screen after you open the locked door (or shutter)?

ZeldaLord
01-11-2003, 05:55 PM
The color replacer is the red wand.

Offtopic: BH4, JPEGs don't work in ZC, so could you please re-upload your custom dungeon tile as a GIF?

DarkSFK
01-11-2003, 06:29 PM
That's..... not really off topic since it's talking about the things in the topic. O_o

Zaggarum
01-11-2003, 08:56 PM
These are good BH4 :thumbsup: those lockblocks for the overworld are cool. :D

ShadowTiger
01-12-2003, 10:56 AM
^_^ Thanks everyone! I appreciate your comments. It really makes a guy want to do more things like this!

But ZL, as far as I know, JPG's work just fine in ZC. :shrug: I've got lots of them in my folders, and I've never had a problem with any of them. But I guess I could take a screenshot of them all on one screen for you. Yeah, that shouldn't be any trouble. You should probably expect them by Monday or Tuesday when I have a chance to replace the file.

IDK, I could probably import them into the Pure Tileset pretty easily. Did you know that some of the dungeon palattes in the Pure Tileset are based off of the original Mystic Land Tileset with which I am using? So the dungeon doors and pots at least should be compatible. But if that's what you want, that's what you'll get! :kawaii:

idontknow
01-12-2003, 11:41 AM
there not...they dont look right at all!:(...but if you PMed me with regards to a PureTileset import, that would be great!!!...:)

ShadowTiger
01-12-2003, 11:54 AM
Hmm... That would be great, wouldn't it.

Tell you what. Go in my sig, and my documents, blah blah, Geocities, blah, get the TP tileset from somewhere in there. Then hit F4 in ZQuest in the quest template and change the palatte to 2. Then look at the screenshot from there. They should look surprisingly similar.

Now do the same thing in the Pure ZC tileset. Find the palatte that looks all sandy and brown, and look at the new stuff from there. They -should- look kinda similar. As a matter of fact, I recently ripped a whole bunch of tiles from Pure, and I didn't have to do ANY recoloring at all. And that means that they're identical palattes.

So just keep looking, and you WILL find something that matches. Besides, It's a compilation of tiles that I cut and pasted to one sheet, and combined it in Paint. That's why it probably wouldn't work.

..... Although, :sly: I recently replaced Cset 10 with a dungeon palatte, so I think it's now possible for me to have all the tiles on one regular ZC screen. So I'll just slap the tiles down on an overworld screen, one by one, and then take a snapshot. The palattes should work, and you would be able to rip all the colors just fine. But is it worth the trouble? Certainly. You all care about my work, so I would do just about anything to get it to you intact.

God bless the sly smily. :sly: