PDA

View Full Version : Corrupted .qst file

C-Dawg
01-10-2003, 01:45 AM
Well, the fun never stops. Dark Nation, I have an unopenable, corrupted quest on my hands that I would really, really like fixed. Is there anything that can be done about this?

-C

Ganonator
01-10-2003, 02:48 AM
oh C... don't we all. I had this happen in the 163 days. Problem?

if you have ZQuest set so it opens the last file opened, if your computer does any operation, illegal or not, because of the way ZQ was coded, it will corrupt that file. It happened to me not once, but twice, and I still have this unopenable, corrupted quest on my HD.

Sucks....

Dark Nation
01-10-2003, 09:01 AM
It's possible. One particular type of corruption I've seen is actually fixable. The other is not. What beta was this saved in? Give me a link and I will try to salvage it for you.

C-Dawg
01-10-2003, 11:23 AM
It was saved in beta 180, but not via the method Ganonator describes- just the normal save process. Since the file is corrupted, I dont see a problem with using my yahoo briefcase to get it to you- just go to www.yahoo.com, briefcases, login: satin_nail pass: raven. The file's name is Sabotage, ironically enough.

-C

Dark Nation
01-10-2003, 02:32 PM
It opens just fine for me in beta 183. There was a bug that was fixed sometime just before beta 182 came out that caused quests that had more than 32768 tiles to not load. You quest has 32828 tiles, so I bet this is the case for you. See if you can load the quest in beta 182.

C-Dawg
01-10-2003, 02:49 PM
Fantastic, Dark Nation. I will give that a try. I don't REALLY have that many tiles, actually- Ive just allocated space so that all the character portraits are in one chunk at the end of the tile pages. Along those same lines, there's a bug concerning tiles to report in Beta 180- if you are at tile page 255 and try to scroll down using the mouse-clickable arrow that acts like pgndwn, nothing happens. Page down and the down arrow key still work, however. (Forgive me if this bug was cleaned up in newer versions)

-C

Qusetonui
01-10-2003, 06:25 PM
Shoot, is beta 183 open yet? I do not visit the main part to AGN anymore. It would help if you post it in ZCN (link is "ww.zcnetwork.com/forums.php", Dark Nation, not "forums.zelda-gaming.com"). I stay at the testing forums so the bugs can be smashed at the right forum and test its new features. That is the only reason here at at AGN: to help out Zelda Classic's beta squadron. Without me, there could be a million bugs in ZC, but not for long because I will zap bugs until they stop. Beta 182 was a slow start but not the next beta I get a hold of. :laughing:

Dark Nation
01-10-2003, 07:35 PM
183 is not out to anyone yet. Just me. :)

KJAZZ
01-11-2003, 02:52 AM
Wait, so you're not anyone? Okay, this makes sense I suppose..;)