PDA

View Full Version : Need some PS2 Online advice...

AlexMax
01-09-2003, 09:42 PM
OK, playing SOCOM over at my friends house was the last straw. I will now be getting a PS2 and an eithernet adapter for a reason other than DDR MAX.

And it's up to the game makers to determine if you pay to play online or not, which is free for almost all of the games (except for EQ...). Compared to having to pay an as-of-yet unannounced fee after a year...

What I want to know is what games are worth getting that are online-enabled. I have Frequency (and the Demo of Frequency that is on the eithernet demo disc has the option to switch out the CD to play all the songs online. One more customer satisfied. ^_^) and I'm going to get SOCOM (at least Microsoft got one thing right about Xbox Live!, voice communication IS cool).

What about the other games. If they havn't fixed any of the bugs from THPS3 that allows insane scores by exploiting a bug in the game physics then I would be scared to get THPS4 for online play. Tribes Arial Assault doesn't support a USB keyboard or the headset, which is a real bummer for such a team oriented game, and ATV offroad fury only supports 4 players in two types of game modes. And I don't care about football/sports games either.

Anyone know the answeres to any of these worries If you actually play the game in question, tell me as well.

And for gods sakes if I am forgetting about a certain game let me know.

Cronic
01-09-2003, 09:47 PM
Need some advice? Get an Xbox...

AlexMax
01-09-2003, 09:49 PM
Originally posted by Darth Cronic
Need some advice? Get an Xbox...

NO GOD DAMNIT! I AM NOT GETTING AN XBOX PERIOD! END OF DISCUSSION! A-FUCKING-MEN!

Now, do you have something to contribute about online PS2 games?

Cronic
01-09-2003, 10:40 PM
Only the fact that I know Xbox has better plans, games, and services :shrug:

AlexMax
01-09-2003, 10:42 PM
Only the fact that I know Xbox has better plans, games, and services :shrug:

Like hell. Which OXM did you pull that line out of? What do you mean by plan anyway? It's plan to have you pay after 12 months? What do you mean by services? The service you get when you call :chuckle: Microsoft Technical Support? Don't make me laugh.

God, people wonder why I hate the Xbox. The zealots...oh my GOD the zealots.... (No, NOT fanboy. It's Zealot)

Originally posted by AlexMax
Now, do you have something to contribute about online PS2 games?

Now can you see it?

Oh, and my most sincecre apologies to anyone who had to waddle through that mess. Perhaps another answer, from someone other than DC?

Thunderbird
01-09-2003, 10:58 PM
You've named off all the online games I know of (and some I DON'T know of :p). As I do not play online (not a big issue for me), I don't have anything to say.

El Oso Verde
01-09-2003, 11:13 PM
You can play Timesplitters 2 online, but it takes some tinkering to do so. I think you have to run the ethernet through a pc, and run a certain program to trick it.

Bomberman Online is supposed to come out for PS2 eventually, but no release date yet.

And DC, why must you be such a dick about the X-box. It seems like you can't stand there being a post about a different system without one of your smartass X-box comments being thrown in. I've got nothing against the system, but god, let it go. We're all tired of it.

You don't see people posting in a topic about the new Zelda, for instance saying: "Well, you're shit out of luck if you've got an X-box and you want to get the OOT disc."

Cronic
01-09-2003, 11:22 PM
Good for you... I'm just letting you know Xbox has a superior line up, and overall support for online gaming and support so that people don't have to "Tinker" with shit. If any of you don't like hearing it then I guess youre shit outta luck as the only rule broken thus far in this thread was you calling me a "dick"

El Oso Verde
01-09-2003, 11:28 PM
I never said you broke any rules. I was just stating that I think you could be a little less elitist about your particular game system affiliation.

I formally apologize for the "dick" comment.

AlexMax
01-09-2003, 11:30 PM
DC: Quit playing rent-a-mod. Remember, you have your own HIDDEN forum to moderate! I would also really appriciate if you would stay out of this topic, because I'm not going to turn this into another battlegrounds just because of your console insecurities.

EOV: I'm asking FS if you calling DC a 'dick' counts as flaming. But unless you've acted up before, don't sweat the warning you might get.

Cronic
01-09-2003, 11:42 PM
I don't recall playing anything... Get over yourself.

AlexMax
01-10-2003, 12:07 AM
I don't recall playing anything... Get over yourself.

http://files.foundrymusic.com/JPEG/shutthefuckup.jpg

- = THREAD CLOSED = -

Good job cronic, you single handedly pushed buttons and sent this entire post to hell. Go back to your hidden forum.